March 3, 2009

Holy Cupcakes!!

Hi everyone!!! Happy Tuesday!!! Did you see? Have you heard??? Taylor asked me to join the Bakers Dozen Design Team!!! I am OVER THE MOON right now...you have NO idea!!!

I have always been a HUGE fan of Taylor's work, and you all know that I LOVE my cuppies, so when she invited me onto the Bakers Dozen DT, I just KNEW this would be a great match for me!!

Taylored Expressions is Branching Out in more ways than one!!!!! Cuppies need some friends right? Well, my card features two sets from a new line called Whimsical Wishes by artist Nancy McKinney!! Awesome!!

I used Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates on my card!! I started with some Summer Picnic DSP from SU!. I stamped my tree trunk in Close to Cocoa, and I then stamped my tree twice, once onto Choice Bright White Cardstock (this is the BEST cardstock ever!! Seriously...I LOVE LOVE LOVE to color with my Copics on this paper!!) and once onto the Old Olive pattern from the DSP. I then popped it up for some dimension!!

I added my swing (isn't this SOOOO cute! I cannot wait for you to see the other stamps in these sets!!) under my tree, and this ADORABLE little squirrel was also stamped twice, colored with Copic Markers and popped up!! I did some masking to add a flower patch to the bottom of the tree, and some of the flowers are popped up as well!!

I added two Corduroy Brads to the side (LOVE these!!) to add some texture, and I punched my sentiment out with my Small and Large Oval Punches and added that super cute little nut!!! That little nut just makes me smile!!!

Of course, I had to pierce...I just can't seem to stop, so I added tons of piercing to this, and finished off the card with some Chocolate Chip Polytwill Ribbon!!

The two sets I used on this card, Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates mark the beginning of a new Taylored Expressions project, the TE Giving Tree!! A portion of the proceeds from each of these sets will be donated to Eden Projects. Eden Projects' slogan is Plant Trees - Save Lives. It is an organization that recreates healthy forest systems in order to restore hope, alleviate suffering, empower people, and build local economies in impoverished communities. Their projects take place throughout Aftrica and also in Haiti. The stamps in these two sets are not die cut, as Taylored Expressions has decided to offer these sets in uncut rubber so as to be able to donate more to charity! I am thrilled to be associated with a company like Taylored Expressions and to have some small part in such a wonderful charity!

Check out what the rest of the Bakers Dozen has done with these sets right here!!!

Donna Baker
Jen del Muro
Laura Fredrickson
Dawn Easton
Karen Giron
Charmaine Ikach
Denise Marzec
Karen Motz
Laurie Schmidlin
Ana Wohlfahrt
Sankari Wegman

and, of course, Taylor Vanbruggen!!

Before I go, as I seem to be SUPER chatty today :), I just want to show you something from Taylored Expressions, which is one of my MOST favorite things ever!!! This is how I store my Taylored Expressions Stamps (and I have a bunch!!)!! The Mini Binder Box! PURE GENIUS I tell you!!! Each box can house four (4) Taylored Expressions Stamp Sets, and as I am an organized kind of gal, I can honestly tell you that this is a MUST have for your stamp collection!! Right now I have two Mini Binder Boxes full of Taylored Expressions Stamps, and I LOVE having them right at my fingertips on my stamp table, yet compact and super cute too!!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates from the Whimsical Wishes Line at Taylored Expressions
Paper: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Choice Snow White Cardstock and Summer Picnic DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Corduroy Brads, Large and Small Oval Punches, Chocolate Chip Polytwill Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool and Template, Copic Markers, White Gel Pen and Dimensionals

Jodi

30 comments:

  1. Jodi, this is so STINKIN' adorable! LOVE that squirrel on the swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew you'd rock this set! Love your colour choices and that little squirrel on the swing is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Jodi! I love your little squirrel swinging under the pretty tree! and the flowers are just super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jodi!!! This card is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Love the paper pieced tree and those adorable little flowers! :D Cute sentiment too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE the squirrel sitting on the swing....so cute!! This card totally brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH...MY...GOODNESS! The squirrel on the swing and the flowers under the tree...well this is just way too cute! Love the detail of the layout as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable scene you've created, Jodi!! Love the new images!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so *cute*, Jodi! I love every little detail from the piercing to the little nut you added on your sentiment! And I love the gathering of flowers at the base of the tree trunk! Everything is so well-proportioned... just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I MUST have this set!! This card is so FREAKIN' ADORABLE!! Love every single little *Jodi* detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, girl! I looooove all the colors on the flowers under the tree!! I knew you'd rock this set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is seriously cute. I think I am gonna love the Whimsical set!! AND, congrats on the cupcake team, I can't remember if I congratulated you yesterday! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! I love everything about this card, especially the pops of colour in the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously Jodi!! This card is delightful - you ROCK! I love the layout, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodi, I am going "nuts" for your card!!! Love that little squirrel with his cute little acron! SOOOO cute the way you did your layout! I love the flowers and the coloring is amazing!!! (and I love all your piercing!) Holy wowness! This is simply beautiful!!!!
    Sending you big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So super cute, Jodi! I absolutely LOVE what you did with that set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FANTASTIC CARD - JODI!!! Perfection pure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - love this one - the tree, the squirrel - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How super sweet Jodi!! I love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When you feast your eyes on this card, it's totally obvious why Taylor asked you to join her team.
    Hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. JODI!!! This is just too much sweetness! Love all your details! Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. omgoodness this is awesomme great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG Jodi, this card is AMAZING!! Awesome job GF :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jodi, your stuff is always so fabulous--I can't tell you how thrilling it is to see this set showcased with your talent. My three kids encouraged me as I created little squirrel and he looks so adorably cute hanging out on your card.
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE your card! the squirrel on the swing is to cute & love all the flowers in front of the tree. you totally made me smile with your post on my card today *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG this is SO sweet! I can already tell this is going to be a must-have set for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wholly malolly! I love the sets and Nancy will be so proud after seeing this card with her stamps on it, yours is wicked

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute!!! Such fun details and your tree just warms my heart... :) (A warm fuzzy feeling... he!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. super sweet Jodi!! I love the little squirrel
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've been on the fence about this stamp set, but I'm seeing some beautiful cards, this one being one of The Best! I love the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!