March 20, 2009

The Key Ingredients!!!


Hi everyone!! Happy Friday!! WOO HOO!! Right now I am en route to New Hampshire for Stamp New England!!! I do, however, have some SUPER DUPER exciting news to share today!!

Taylored Expressions just keeps branching out! Now Taylor is offering a Key Ingredients Kit Subscription and today I have a sample of the first kit being offered. To find out how you can subscribe and get this month’s kit (plus get future month’s kits before they're even available in the store!) check out this post on Taylor’s blog!

When Taylor sent us these Key Ingredients she issued a little challenge to create anything but a card and to be sure to use one of the cute chipboard buckles in the kit. Now...anything but a card was a TOTAL challenge for me...I am a card-making kind of gal after all!! But, I have to tell you, I am SUPER happy with my project (and that hardly ever happens!!)

I started with a cardboard CD box that I picked up at my local Borders while I was FINALLY buying The Host (totally awesome...not as good as Twilight but a must read nonetheless, but I digress...), and I had an idea to create a little mini scrapbook box out of it!! For my front cover, I used four rectangles of some of the gorgeous patterned paper in this Key Ingredients Kit, and I stamped some of the images from Branching Out in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock. I framed it with Oval Nestabilities, colored the images with Copic Markers and then sponged the edges a little to give it a softer look!

ALL the papers (yes, ALL of them) and all the ribbons are from the March 20 Key Ingredients Subscription kit! There are SO many wonderful things about the KI Subscription Kits...but would you like to know MY favorite part? EVERYTHING matches perfectly!!! This is a DREAM for me!! I LOVE when my paper matches my dp that matches my ribbon...well, you get the idea. The Key Ingredients take the guess work out of EVERYTHING...which I LOVE!!!


To create my scrapbook, I used the Birchtone Dark cardstock from the kit to create the background, and each end is adhered into the inside of the box top and bottom to create the book. I LOVE the colors of the patterned paper in this kit, the My Minds Eye Free Bird Collection, and I used tons of the patterns for my scrapbook box. (All of the pictures are of my almost 3 year old daughter, Meredith).

I framed my pictures in both Circle and Oval Nestabilities, and I used different shapes of ribbon buckles on each page!!!




The March 20th Key Ingredients Kit includes the most GORGEOUS glitter called Parisian Mist!! I knew I wanted to incorporate it into my scrapbook box, so I took some brads, pressed them into my Versamark pad, added a coat of Heat & Stick Powder and then dipped them right into the glitter!!! Instant glittery brads! LOVE the look of these!!!

All of the sentiments I used on each page of my scrapbook box are from Taylored Expressions!! The sentiment on the front cover, "Just Because" is from Branching Out, and all the sentiments on the inside pages are from A Year of Sweet Sentiments, which is SUCH an awesome sentiment set!!!

You can see what some of the other Baker's on the Baker's Dozen Team have created with this AWESOME March 20 Key Ingredients Kit right here!!

Taylor VanBruggen

Charmaine Ikach

Donna Baker

Ana Wohlfahrt

Karen Giron

Laura Fredrickson

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Make sure you head on over to Taylored Expressions to sign up for the Key Ingredients Subscription!!

Recipe:

Stamps: Branching Out and A Year of Sweet Sentiments by Taylored Expressions

Paper: Blush Red Dark, Intense Kiwi, Frosted Teal, Papaya Puree Dark, Birchtone Dark by Prism, My Mind's Eye Free Bird collection and Choice Buttercream Cardstock

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Creamy Caramel

Accessories: Copic Markers, Cardboard CD Box, Oval and Circle Nestabilities, Parisian Mist Glitter, Ribbon and Ribbon Buckles from the March 20th Key Ingredients Subscription Kit, Paper Piercing Tool and Template, Sponge Daubers, American Crafts Brads, Harlequin Texturz Background by Sizziz and Dimensionals

Jodi

23 comments:

  1. Oh my WORRRRRRRRRD, seriously girl, you ROCK!! I ... LOVE ... this project. Look how cute you and your daughter are too..ADORABLE I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is incredible - love the scrapbook layouts and Meredith is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful project! Love it! Have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH, can you say fabulous? I just LOVE this album Jodi! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! I am speechless.... This is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jodi - of course you are happy with this project - it's freakin' awesome!!!WOW!

    Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS I am really excited about the KI subsription, can't wait until mine gets here; thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZERS!! This is STUNNING!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredible, Jodi! WOW! I love it and am so happy that you are on this DT! I have a wishlist a mile long from T.E....gotta get a job LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I absolutely love this project. Super, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!! Everything is so adorable - I didn't *love* the papers until I saw your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are no words!!! Simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWWW - so gorgeous - Jodie!!! Great take on the project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GET OUT of town...seriously...you totally rocked this project girl! For someone who SAYS she's only a card making gal, you sure know how to do a cute little scrapbook!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. To say I'm impressed is a total understatement!!! This is stunningly and beautifully created Jodi!
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little girl is adorable :) They grow up so quickly....my youngest is 8 already and I have a hard time believe it! Great little album!

    Love your "lifted" Edward picture. I'm off to rent the Twilight DVD. Have heard mixed messages about it so going to check it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made a BOOK!!! I am SO impressed - you little paper crafts artist you! the cover is just so cute with the super DP panels - and you make this stamp set look SO terrific! I love the bird house and birds on the branch - what great colors on this - and Meredith looks just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wholly crap, this is amazing! I love the scrapbook pages! The card rocks by the way, love the dp!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jodi, this is flippin' fantastic! WOW! I've never seen anything like it, and it's just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is SO special! what a Fun idea to turn this CD box into a scrapbook! your daughter is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is awesome Jodi!! Love your clever project here and something to be cherished!! So sweet!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!