May 8, 2009

National BBQ Month!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!!! I know, I know, I should be working on my Mother's Day cards...but seriously...May is National BBQ Month...and I just HAD to make this card!!!

This card is for today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS, LSC219, That's A Holiday? and also for Taylors Cupcake Day Challenge, TECC67!!!

For my card, I stamped the BBQ from the newly released Boys Will Be Boys set from Taylored Expressions onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored my BBQ with Copic Markers and added a coat of Candelight Shimmerz to make it shine a bit.

The sentiment was stamped onto Choice Buttercream again, and I cut it out with one of the Ribbon Tags Trio from Spellbinders. I folded over one side and put the ribbon through the other (learned that SUPER cool trick from Joanne Basile at SNE!! Hi Jo!!!).

All the papers and embellies on this card are from the Father's Day Key Ingredients at Taylored Expressions. I am OVER the moon for this KI...the colors and patterns just make me smile...I cannot stop using them!!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Back to my Mother's Day cards ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Boys Will Be Boys by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Choice Buttercream, Assorted Prism Cardstock and Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man from Taylored Expressions Father's Day Key Ingredients
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Ribbon Tags Trio from Spellbinders, Ribbon and Buttons from Father's Day Key Ingredients, Scallop Edge Punch, Candelight Shimmerz, Copic Markers and Dimensionals

Jodi

11 comments:

  1. Ha! You and I were on the same wavelength yesterday for that sketch and TE stamps and paper! LOVE it!

    I thought of using that BBQ for the same holiday...rofl!

    I really like how you added the tag sentiment...I need those dies! LOL

    Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi how FUN!!! love the sketch and colors!!! great image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how to 'cook' up some great cards GF! You are the master of your domain! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE card, Jodi! LOVE that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment on this card...lol :) Great card. FYI, they were filming parts of New Moon for over a week just 15 minutes from my house. They had 24 hour security due to all the Twilight fans stalking the filming location (no I wasn't one of them LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card Jodi!!!! LOVE everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crafty Math ChickMay 9, 2009 at 10:18 PM

    You could always use this one for Father's Day, no? Pretty card.

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FABULOUS Card -- LOve the colors so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! This is gorgeous! (Who would think that you could call a BBQ grill gorgeous?!?) Fabulous colors!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!