May 4, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2!!!!


Hi everyone!!! Happy Monday!!

Welcome to day #2 of sneak peeks for the newest release at Taylored Expressions!! It has been SOOOOO hard keeping this set quiet!! O.M.G...I LOVE this set!!!

Here is a peek of a set being released tomorrow called Boys Will Be Boys!!! WOO HOO! This set is PERFECT in my world!! Both my husband and my Dad are hard working kinda guys, so this image ROCKS for both of them...plus, the other images in this set are AMAZING for any kind of man in your life!!!

My card also features cardstock, patterned paper and embellishments from the Father's Day Key Ingredients, also being released tomorrow!!

I must admit, this is my absolute FAVORITE Key Ingredients thus far...the papers in this kit are AWESOME and I have been using them over and over!!! The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket and it is from their Lil' Man line.

You will notice that on my card, I used a metal sheet (this is SUPER cool!!!), which I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Harlequin Texturz Background from Sizzix/SU!, and I also hung a super cute hammer charm onto my ribbon. These two items are not included in the Father's Day Key Ingredients, but they are part of the Boys Will Be Boys Bundle!!!


For my card, I stamped the tool belt from Boys Will Be Boys in Memento Tuxedo Black onto the Choice Buttercream cardstock from the Father's Day Key Ingredients. I then colored it with my Copic Markers, and I added small highlights of my Clear Atyou Spica pen to the "metal" parts of the tool belt.

I LOVE the brads that come in the Father's Day Key Ingredients, and I highlighted mine by punched a 3/4 Circle with a punch and placing same under the brads.

The sentiment, Happy Father's Day, is not a curved sentiment, however, I just placed it on my acrylic block and curved it before I inked and stamped it, so that it follows the lines of my circle.

I am thrilled with how this card came out! I think this is going to be my Dad's Father's Day card!!!

You can check out the fabulousness of the Baker's Dozen Ovens right here!!

Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Donna Baker
Jen del Muro
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Fredrickson
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman

and of course, Taylor VanBruggen!!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!! Make sure to stop back tomorrow at 11:00 AM EST!! Tomorrow is release day at Taylored Expressions and I have another card to share with you!!! This set and Doctor's Orders which I showed you yesterday will be available for purchase on Tuesday, May 5th at 8am PST

Recipe:
Stamps: Boys Will Be Boys by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Blush Red Dark, Choice Buttercream and Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man DP, all from the Father's Day Key Ingredients
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, 3/4 Inch Circle Punch, Harlequin Texturz Background from Sizzix/SU!, Ribbon and Brads from Father's Day Key Ingredients, Metal Sheet and Charm from Boys Will Be Boys Bundle and Copic Markers

Jodi

23 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Great stamp and great details. I like the metal background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Jodi!! This is such a fun creation!! I really love your shiny BG and your coloring is beautiful!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Jodi! This just rocks my world! Love the embossed metal and well the entire card is fabulous with your awesome colouring and those fun brads! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're DA BOMB, girl. Loooooooooooove Love LOVE the diamond plate look, the reds look great together, and your coloring is always spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a *perfect* guys' card, Jodi!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you used those brads and of course the embossed metal! Great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that card is amazing!! love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabulous, Jodi! Love your embossed metal and your image is so impeccably colored! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you curved the sentiment! Brilliant! This is such a fantastic Father's Day card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card girl! You coloring looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jodi what an amazing father's day card, great image and the metal bg is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ribbon and CS colors go so well with that DP Jodi! and that metal really gives it a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! I love that diamond plate look you gave the metal...that is AWESOME! Super cool card girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! This is fantastic!!! That BG is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jodi, this is flippin' fabulous! I love the metal, the stamp, the colors--everything! Great guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shut up, Jodi!! This card is the coolest Father's day card I've ever seen!! Totally ROCK, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this set really is awesome and you showcased it so nicely! love your masculine card

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is to die for, but where did you buy this metal sheet?

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just GORGEOUS, Jodi! The colors, that embossed metal, the layout! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy CARP!! I may have to have this....SO AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOOK at that awesome Metal embossing - that is soooooooo masculine fabulous --- that's my new word: mascu-fabulous :) You always amaze me with your crispness and perfectness!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to put alot of four letter words on this right now to tell you how much I love this but I will just go with 'this card is SICK' girlfriend (my daughter taught me that)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!