September 8, 2009

Just Because!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!!

Here is my card for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge, MTSC38, and for today's Color Challenge on SCS, CC235, Elegant Basic Olives!!

Initially, I was going to make a Halloween card, but I thought I would try and go for a more elegant look with these colors...think I achieved that?

I started by stamping this gorgeous flower image from Side by Side from There She Goes in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock. I stamped the image again on another piece of Choice Buttercream, colored both and then cut out and popped the flowers up on Foam Tape.

I then stamped the Just Because sentiment from Bloom, also from There She Goes, and using a ruler and black pen, created a frame around my image and sentiment. Once again...I did NOT pierce!! Crazy right???

I ran both my Elegant Eggplant (all of a sudden I LOVE this color!!) and Old Olive panels through the Cuttlebug with the D'Vine Swirl Embossing Folder! I haven't used this EF in ages, but I still love it!!!

I finished off my card with two Vanilla Brads by American Crafts, as well as a double ribbon of Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, one of which I colored purple with a Copic Marker (V09). There is the merest bit of Star Dust Stickles in my flower center for some shimmer!!

Did you know that There She Goes has a brand new blog??? Each day is something new and exciting! Today, as it's Tuesday, is Trendsetter Tuesday, and Angela aka Mudflapmama is the featured Trendsetter! You can check it out right here!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back a little bit later tonight...I am trying to get some goodies together for blog candy!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Side by Side & Bloom by There She Goes
Paper: Basic Black, Choice Buttercream, Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, D'Vine Swirl Embossing Folder, Vanilla Brads by American Crafts, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Ruler, Black Pen and Foam Tape

Jodi

26 comments:

  1. Loooooove that image with these colors! So dramatic looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous job with the colors, Jodi! This card is a definite WoW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jodi...this is gorgeous! love the colors, the embossing, and your coloring! beautifully done!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty! Your coloring on the flowers is so pretty as is the color combo! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh...I love this color combo....may have to do one later this week for the color challenge..yours is elegant and classy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love your color choices and your used of the textures. Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is just lovely! I love those lines around the image panel! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is beautiful, Jodi!! So many pretty samples to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you drew a frame around the image up to the setiment. Great idea -- going to have to put it in my little mind so I can use it some time. Great colours and you made a good call making it an elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this card, Jodi, in fact I love it so much I had to CASE it :).
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1473838?&cat=all&what=keywords&si=CC235

    I hope you don't mind! Thanks for the inspiration! You rock, girl :)!!

    Hugs,
    Korin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers are so pretty, Jodi...and the colors are just yummy together!! Love your embossing as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, you did! Elegant and gorgeous, Jodi!! A real "Wow!" card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOSITY! OMG this is GORGEOUS girlie! Thanks for playing along w/ the sketch! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course it's elegant! It's stunning! You've made those colours work so well.
    Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just GORGEOUS Jodi! You definitely achieved that, and more! Love that swirl emboss folder (note to self), and once again, I love how you layered the flower...it really does make it stand out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! I love the coloring and all the layers! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jodi, that card is simply stunning!
    LOVE the texture, love the colors and LOVE your coloring.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jodi this card is incredibly beautiful!!!!!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh boy! I'd say you knocked it out of the park - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love this Jodi. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the sketch challenge. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just Gorgeous!!!! I LOVE those colors together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these colors Jodi - and the cuttled panels look super on this! - I got to see Karen this weekend in VT - we missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!