October 14, 2009

Merry Mass Production with Taylored Expressions!

**PLEASE NOTE...you ARE at my blog...it's true, I made ONE LAYER CARDS (giggle!)**

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday! Welcome to the Merry Mass Production with Taylored Expressions!!!

I don't know about any of you, but even as a card maker, I never have enough Christmas cards ready for the holidays...and that is the magic of the Merry Mass Production with Taylored Expressions!!

The challenge, should you choose to accept it (grin!), is to make a set of identical, or very similar, Christmas/Holiday cards, and they have to be EASY and QUICK to mass produce!!

Now...this is a FUN challenge, but for a gal like me, I like complicated...I like layers...but I really must admit...I think I may just LOVE the CAS (clean and simple) look as well!!

I made a set of 6 of these cards...and honestly, they were SO easy and SO fast to make!!


I started with a piece of Choice White Cardstock as my card base. I stamped the ADORABLE snowman from Holiday Wonder, which was just released by Taylored Expressions (I LOVE this set!), in the center of each card with Memento Tuxedo Black.

I then, using Rectangle Nestabilities, embossed a frame around each snowman. I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment, which is from Wings of Joy, also just released from Taylored Expressions (I LOVE LOVE LOVE this set too!), in Memento Tuxedo Black under and to the right of my snowman.

I colored all of them with Copic Markers, and then added two Taylor's Tiny Twinkles in green to the top left corner of each embossed rectangle. I finished them off with a bow of black polka dot ribbon and black gingham ribbon. Easy peasy!!

You can check out what some of the other Bakers have done with the Merry Mass Production Challenge right here:

Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Donna Baker
Karen Motz
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Sankari Wegman
Sharon Harnist
and of course, Taylor VanBruggen!!!

We would love you to play along with this challenge! You can get all the deets over at TAYLOR'S BLOG!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Wings of Joy and Holiday Wonder by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Choice Snow White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Rectangle Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, Black Polka Dot Ribbon and Black Gingham Ribbon

Jodi

28 comments:

  1. Such a sweet snowman, Jodi -- love your CAS card, the details are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did it! I have to admit I was skeptical but you really pulled it off - this snowman is ADORABLE! I think I will have to CASE this! I LOVE CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay - you MASTERED CAS!!! Amazing job. I really must try that technique. Gorgeous and elegant =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!!! The simplicity of this card is what makes the MOST beautiful! Love your coloring and the Nesstie frame!!! Fabulous darling as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this clean and simple look is just perfect for the mass production of Christmas cards, Jodi!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZAS Jodi you have really conquered CAS!! I am susper impressed! So so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness, you can do anything!!! This CAS card is just perfect!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the CAS layout ~ so adorable and simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the embossed framing around your cute snowman Jodi! this card is SO unlike your usual style! but terrific just the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just darling Jodi!! You know I LOVE CASE and this is just so perfect!! Truly cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card! Love the snowman and the embossed frame! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well thanks for that Disclaimer cuz I was about to ask for directions! LOL! These are ADORABLE Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeeeks...these are STUNNING my friend!!! You're a natural as CAS and I expect to see more of it in the future!!! Love the embossed frame around Mr. Snowman...it's a perfect detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! Do you do the different size rectangles separately or all at one time?

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG - Jodi - these are super cute and gorgeous!!! Love the simplicity of these cards and of course all that white :) Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome!!! Jodi - you totally rocked the one layer card - and seriously - if you can do it - You give me hope that I too can one day make a one layer card!!! Simply stunning!!!
    Big Hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwwwwesome!! Love Love LOVE these, Jodi! From the embossed frame to the ribbon and your beautiful coloring...they're perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards Jodi! Even without all of them layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE what you did for your simple, clean and crisp cards!! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One FABULOUS Layer Jodi! Adorable and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh
    My
    Gosh!
    I feel the same way about one-layer cards, Jodi! This is such a delight - the framing around the snowman is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jodi, you may just have converted me!
    These are so stylishly simple and so DO-able!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't think there is anything you can NOT do. Your CAS looks fantastic!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your recipients are going to love these, they're just too cute! Great job without your layers (LOL) and I think I need to get some mass cards made as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is simply fantastic. I love one layer cards with simple embossing like that. If you could share with me how you just emboss and not actually cut with the spellbinders I would really appreciate it.
    margaret@stamphaven.ca

    ReplyDelete
  26. You KNOW I adore these, Jodi! They are absolutely gorgeous! Look at that adorable little snowman! Gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!