February 16, 2010

Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Impressabilities


Hi everyone!! Happy Tuesday!!

Today, several members of the Baker's Dozen are sharing an AWESOME product with you...Spellbinders Impressabilities! I LOVE these and have quite a few (grin!) in my collection!!

The Spellbinders Impressabilities are a metal template that can be used for a variety of applications. I mostly use mine in my Cuttlebug to create texture on my paper. My absolute FAVORITE aspect of the Impressabilities are the patterns! They come in a variety of GORGEOUS patterns and styles!

For my first card today, I used the Letterpress With Impressabilities technique, an awesome tutorial from Beate on SCS! I started by stamping a white craft ink pad directly onto my Flowers Impressabilities and then ran it through the Cuttlebug with the sandwich listed in the tutorial. I LOVE the soft embossed look I achieved!! I used the gorgeous Discover Your Wings set as I really LOVE how well it works with the Flowers Impressabilities!

For my second card, I ran the Flowers Impressabilies through the Cuttlebug and just embossed the pattern. I LOVE how soft, yet perfectly textured it is!!

The layout for this card is TESC100!! Did you see the AWESOME contest going on over at Taylor's Blog??? Check it out, try your hand at the sketch by this Friday at 8:00 AM PST and you could possibly be one of the five winners that will be awarded a $25.00 Gift Certificate to the TE Store!!!

I used my all time favorite Cuppie for my card...he is from A Year of Sweets II, and the sentiment, "You Brighten My Day" is from A Year of Sweet Sentiments. I colored Cuppie with Copic Markers and the paper is a mix of patterns from Ducks In A Row by October Afternoon. All the layers were sewn with my sewing machine!!

Check out the what the rest of the BD crew have done with Spellbinders Impressabilities right here!

Charmaine Ikach
Donna Baker
Karen Giron
Melissa Sauls
and of course, Taylor VanBruggen!!!

For a limited time, today and tomorrow, February 16 and 17, ALL Spellbinders Impressabilities will be on sale for 15% off at the Taylored Expressions Store!!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Dream Recipe:
Stamps: Discover Your Wings by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Basic Black, Choice Snow White & Classic Magenta
Ink: Whisper White Craft and Versamark
Accessories: Magenta Stitched Ribbon, Bling from TE Store, Flowers Impressabilities, Classic Oval Nestabilities, White Embossing Powder and Foam Tape

You Brighten My Day Recipe:
Stamps: A Year of Sweets II and A Year of Sweet Sentiments by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Rose Light, Choice Buttercream & Ducks In A Row by October Afternoon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Vanilla Brads, Sewing Machine, Copic Markers, Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Flowers Impressabilities and Foam Tape

Jodi

25 comments:

  1. ACK!!! SOOOOO cute Miss Jodi!! I am loving the chalkboard look of your first card and the little pastel card is just darling with the embossed paper. LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW Jodi your first card is soooo gorgeous and your second one is just soooo cute!!!! LOVIN these girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Jodi! I LOVE the black and pink combo of the first one and the second one is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one is so elegant! I love the black and white with the pop of color! And the second card is so adorable...that's one of my favorite cuppies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these...LOVE THEM! The first one is just gorgeous, and I love that cuppie for the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodi!!! Letterpress with white ink is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Love the sweet Cuppie card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That first cards is so beautiful and elegant! I love the white embossing!
    And your 2nd card is so sweet! Love the soft textures and colors :)

    TFS! hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, girl, GORGEOUS! LOVE the bold colors on that first card, and the softness of the second one...AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cards Jodi! love that b&w one with the pretty white blooms and your cuppie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such darling cards! I will have to get some of those, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first card is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing that technique~ will have to check out the tutorial! Your second card is just adorable! Fab coloring and stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Jodi. Love what you did with the impressabilities plate. Great color combo! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are so gorgeous! I love the black and white one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fantastic, Jodi!! LOVE the first card...so BEAUTIFUL! The second card is DARLING!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, these are both gorgeous!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous - love the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so very wonderful.....and will have to check out that 'sandwich' with the tutorial..haven't had great luck with the Spellbinders Imp.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of these are just gorgeous, Jodi! That first is so elegant and the second is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ABsolutely adorable cards!!! OK, well the first one is so elegant and gorgeous and I love the splash of pink you added...just perfect. Second card is so super cute! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both are fabulous, Jodi! Your first card is so elegant! Love the crispness of your white image!!
    The second one is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These came out wonderfully! I just love the black/white/pink combo, so striking! Cuppie looks very sweet and all of the nessties are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those Impressabilities are awesome Jodi! Fabby job on both of these! Hope all is good with you : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jodi,
    You seen to use Copic Markers quite a bit. I was just wondering if you knew the 'life span' of a copic? :-)
    I've had my eye on them for quite a while but my budget hasn't quite 'matched' their cost.
    Keep up the great work and thank for sharing.
    Jo
    cutajar007@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that top card Jodi! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!