June 4, 2010

Release Day @ Taylored Expressions!!

Please scroll down just a smidge for my Bellarific Friday Post! Thanks!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Today is release day at Taylored Expressions and I am SO excited! ALL of the amazing new stamp sets, bundles & Project Pantry kits are now available!!!

Today, I am SO excited to share peeks of THREE more sets with you! If you have been hopping around the past few days, you may have seen the three sets I am showing you today on some of the other Baker's Dozen Blogs!!! I am featuring Hangin' Out At The Beach, Summer Afternoon and Care and Comfort!!! Let's get started!!

For my first card, I used the UBER adorable Hangin' Out At The Beach! Did you see our Hangin' Out set from last month? This is a beachy take on the same concept and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

I started by stamping the palm tree and surfboard as the two ends of my clothesline, and I then stamped the bathing suit, all in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock. The snorkeling flippers (can you tell how often I go in the water? I don't even know what they are called! LOL!) were also stamped with the same ink and paper. ALL of the images were colored with Copic Markers, and I then created a mask for the tree, bathing suit & surfboard and stamped the Cloudy Background that was released last month in Cool Caribbean.

I cut a piece of cardstock for the sand and gave it a coat of glitter for some shine. I cut the entire scene out with Square Nestabilities, being careful to cut around the tree. I popped up the flippers by the surfboard and gave them both a coat of Glossy Accents. The sentiment, "enjoy life" was cut out with Tags Trio by Spellbinders and I attached it with a fun little tropical drink brad. The patterned paper is 72 and Sunny by We R Memory Keepers and I sewed the main panel on my sewing machine.

My next two cards feature the GORGEOUS new Summer Afternoon set!! This set is full of GORGEOUS images and sentiments! Believe it or not, neither one of these cards use any patterned paper, which is normally a staple on my cards!

For my first card using this set, I stamped the large floral image in Whisper White onto Black Cardstock and cut it out with Circle Nestabilities. I then stamped it again with Whisper White onto Rose Medium Cardstock and cut out the small circle with Circle Nestabilities. I stamped the sentiment, "Thinking of You", which is from the GORGEOUS new Care and Comfort set (a BEAUTIFUL set full of gorgeous, heartfelt sentiments for sympathy and thinking of you cards), in Memento Tuxedo Black, and using Versamark ink, stamped the butterflies from Summer Afternoon behind the sentiment.

The rectangle panel was also stamped with a vine image from Summer Afternoon in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Black Cardstock and I stamped the butterflies again in Versamark onto the Rose Medium panel. I used TONS of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles to adorn this, and I finished it off with a yummy bow, created with the Bow Easy, of Raspberry Twill Ribbon.

My second card using Summer Afternoon is SUPER simple! This set can make the most simple cards look stunning!! I went with a Black/White/Kraft combo and cut out some Kraft Cardstock with Labels 10 Nestabilities and I stamped the flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black. I then stamped the sentiment, also from Summer Afternoon, "In Summer, the song sings itself" on this panel as well. I sponged the edges but it didn't photograph too well. I embossed the panels with the Textile Embossing Folder and added a border and black brads. Some white satin ribbon and bow, created with the Bow Easy again, finish this one off!

Make sure to head on over and check out the Release Day eye candy from these Baker's Dozen designers & friends!!

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jeanie Witmer
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Nancy McKinney
Sandra Maclean - Guest Designer
Sankari Wegman
and of course, Taylor Vanbruggen

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Head on over to Taylored Expressions and treat yourself to some fabulous new goodies today!!

Enjoy Life Recipe:
Stamps: Hangin' Out At The Beach & Cloudy Background by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Frosted Teal, Choice Buttercream & 72 and Sunny by We R Memory Keepers
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Canteloupe & Cool Caribbean
Accessories: Square Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Sewing Machine, Tags Trio by Spellbinders, Glossy Accents, Shaped Brad and Foam Tape

Thinking of You Recipe:
Stamps: Summer Afternoon & Care and Comfort by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Black, Choice Snow White & Rose Medium
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White & Versamark
Accessories: Raspberry Twill Ribbon, Circle Nestabilities, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles and Foam Tape

Summer Song Recipe:
Stamps: Summer Afternoon by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Black, Choice Snow White & Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accesories: Textile Embossing Folder, Labels 10 Nestabilities, White Satin Ribbon, Black Brads, Upper Crust Border Punch, Clear Spica Glitter Pen and Foam Tape

Jodi

26 comments:

  1. Wow...what a variety, Jodi!! And they all look fantastic!! Great release!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Jodi - they are all outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all stunning cards! I can't even pick a favourite! Love the glitter in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Jodi these are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi these are GREAT creations...you rock GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOTALLY RAD my friend! Love your little beach scene - that set is so fun I love seeing what everyone does with it! And I love the bold contrast on the 2nd card. But my fave is the elegance of the 3rd card - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jodi...these are beautiful! But the second one with the images stamped in white is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi, all three cards look gorgeous! LOVE your coloring and the scene you created in the first one. LOVE the layout and stamps in the second one and the third one...the third one just takes my breath away. It's so beautiful You rock!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHUT Up!! you're amazing girlie!! We should all be so lucky to breathe the same air as you!! :) LOVE them, you rock girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! Love the summery first one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such amazing cards Jodi! Love the scene you created on the first card; the colors on the second card are just fab together; and the elegance of the last is just breathtaking! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jodi, you be kickin' some booty!! Love all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, these 3 are just outstanding sister!! I loved how ya colored #1, and the other two are awesome with their non-patterened papers. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stumbled upon your blog while visiting others and I'm so glad I did. I've enjoyed scrolling through your work - you are very talented! Love your cards! You do very nice work. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful set of cards, Jodi!! I love all of the new release...awesome design and fabulous previews!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa!! Jodi, these are ALL GREAT!! I especially LOVE the Kraft and the black. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy.. I love the kraft and black... These are all great sets Jodi... Hope things are super with you...Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful eye candy girl!!!! You dazzle me with your style and creative edge... ALWAYS!! Have a super weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ALL are amazing cards Jodi!! Hope you are doing well and enjoying some nice weather!! Coming to Maine soon? MWAH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! All fabulous cards Jodi! I love your clothesline at the beach card so much! The white ink on the black cardstock is a pretty touch on your middle card and the last one is a classic color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all just gorgeous, but I LOVE that beach card!!! So fun and colorful, and the details are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. JODI!! You rock, girl! I love your beach scene and all the elegance you gave your Summer Afternoon cards! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. they are all fab, but of course the beach scene caught my attention

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow these are fantastic. The beach scene is totally awesome - all the details are just so cool
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!