June 7, 2010

TSG58!!!

Hi everyone!! Happy Monday!!

Here is my card for today's challenge on the There She Goes Blog, TSG58!! Today's challenge is a sketch challenge brought to you by yours truly!! I am, by no means, a sketch creator, but I was pretty happy with this one (although I screwed my card up a bit!).

For my card, I used the UBER fabulous A Woman's Place from There She Goes...I must admit, I just LOVE this set!!! I stamped the sink and towel holder in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and colored them with Copic Markers.

All of the papers on my card are from October Afternoon, and they are a mix of Report Card and Thrift Shop (I think!). I even paper pieced the hand towel with some of the yellow pattern. I cut out my image with Circle Nestabilities and sponged the edges with Memento Canteloupe. I sewed all of the layers on my sewing machine and added a border of scalloped cork for some fun!

The sentiment was stamped directly onto the patterned paper, and it reads "No husband was ever shot doing the dishes"...that CRACKS me up!!! I finished this one off with two brads and called it done!!

I hope you'll head on over to the TSG Blog and participate in the sketch challenge! One lucky participant will win a $5.00 Gift Certificate to the There She Goes Store!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: A Woman's Place by There She Goes
Paper: Basic Black, Choice Buttercream & Report Card/Thrift Shop by October Afternoon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Tangelo
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sponges, Circle NEstabilities, Scallop Edge Punch, Cork, Brads, Sewing Machine and Foam Tape

Jodi

14 comments:

  1. lovely!!! beautiful coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! I always love how you pair paper patterns. this is wonderful and I LOVE the sketch! circles are a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, that is an awesome sketch! Thank you! Your card looks wonderful. Your coloring, the paper...everything!
    Have a wonderful day! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi this is FABULOUS GF!!!!! LOVE LOVE these colors and your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing sketch this week, jodi! and your card is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS - this made me literally LOL!!! I love it. And your sketch is GREAT too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Jodi! That sentiment rocks, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, the papers and colours are gorgeous. such a cute sentiment and image too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! But a lot were shot for not doing the dishes! That could be the inside sentiment! :) Great card design and I love the copic work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Jodi!! I love your colors and dp with the fun sentiment and image!! Great combo of papers!! So pretty!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Jodi...I need to get my butt in gear!! I planned on doing this sketch, and then life happened!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous and fun card.....

    Jessica just has some of the BEST sentiments, doesn't she???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!