August 6, 2010

Release Day @ Taylored Expressions!

**Please scroll down for my Bellarific Friday Post....Thanks!! **

Hi everyone! Happy Friday and Happy Release Day @ Taylored Expressions! Today is the day that both of the new sets, Take Note and Tweet Hearts, as well as all the DIVINE Taylored Dies are available!!

Before you run to Taylored Expressions to load up on all the goodies, I do have one more project to share with you using my new favorite Taylored Expressions set, Take Note!!

I decided to alter another book (I think I may be a *tad* obsessed with these now), this time creating a Sketch Book to keep handy on my stamp desk! It was WAY too much fun to make too!

I started with the July Key Ingredients for my cardstock, patterned paper (Paisley Parade from KI Memories) and ribbon. You can't go wrong with a Key Ingredients...hardly any thinking involved!! You can get all the deets on a Key Ingredients Subscription right HERE.

I started by stamping the large frame from Take Note two times...once in Memento Rich Cocoa onto a piece of cork, and once in Memento Rich Cocoa onto a piece of patterned paper. I then cut out the cork panel with the Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die, and then cut and layered the other pieces on top. On the rectangle cut from patterned paper, I stamped "Sketch Book", from Take Note in Memento Rich Cocoa again.

Before adhering my frame die to my book, I cut another Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die out of just Choice Snow White Cardstock and layered it the opposite way behind my cork frame. I LOVE the layered look you can get with just one die! To adorn my focal panel, I stamped a few of the flowers from the previously released Fresh Flowers set. I colored them with Copic Markers, cut them out and attached them to opposite corners. The main layers were sewn on my sewing machine and I added White Brads in the corners.

Make sure to check out what the rest of the Baker's Dozen have created today using Take Note, Tweet Hearts, and of course, all the new Taylored Dies!!

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jeanie Witmer
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Stacey Schafer - our AMAZING Guest Designer
and of course, Taylor Vanbruggen

Thanks SO much for stopping by!! Head on over to Taylored Expressions for all the new goodies available right now!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Take Note & Fresh Flowers by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Cardstock, Choice Snow White & Paisley Parade by KI Memories, all from the July Key Ingredients
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Take Note Frame 3 Taylored Die, Copic Markers, Cork, White Brads, Sewing Machine and Foam Tape

Jodi

20 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Jodi! Hope all is good with you girl! Love this sketch book...you're creations are always fantastic! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jodi I am in loooove with your sketch book!! Clearly, I need one of these and I can provide my mailing address asap!! Lol! Love how you stamped the framed right on your cork!! I totally would have never thought of that, lol! Have a great weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. This is fabulous, Jodi!! A project after my own heart. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great sketch journal, Jodi! so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a stunning sketchbook! Love it! I really need to dig into my kit more :) Thanks for the inspiration :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I am so inspired now! Maybe I can get one made today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo another fabulous book! Love what you are doing with Take Note and so fun to see how it goes with so many other stamp sets - Fresh Flowers is perfect! I never would have thought of actually stamping on cork - that looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cork material you used, it makes it really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ACK! You stamped on the cork, you genius!! This is the best sketch book ever! Totally you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeousness personified and practical too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!!! I just love how you stamped on the cork!!! Love it, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Love LOVE the cork framing the sentiment! Gorgeous sketchbook, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love LOVE this with the cork and the pretty pink!!! It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful! What a great idea to have a sketch book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful project, Jodi! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's fine that you're a bit obsessed with making journals because you have made some beautiful ones! Thanks so much for such wonderful inspiration!!! Hope you had a nice weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeeeek!!! I LOVE this Jodi and what an absolute fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!