September 25, 2010

Time To Celebrate!

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday!!

Here is my card for today's Sketch For You To Try, SFYTT!!! It's another awesome sketch from Jen!!

My focal panel turned out a bit bigger than the sketch called for. I really wanted to ink up this super sweet A La Modes Time To Celebrate from My Favorite Things.

I stamped this sweetie in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and colored her with Copic Markers. I sewed all around the focal panel and added some red Taylor's Tiny Twinkles to each corner. LOVE a bit of sparkle!

The patterned paper is from Togetherness by Cosmo Cricket (which I totally love!), and I gave the edges of each vertical panel some sass using the Die-Namics Notebook Edge.

For the two small horizontal panels in the sketch, I used some delish Cream Cotton Twill, also from My Favorite Things. The sentiment, from A La Modes Time To Celebrate, was stamped so that it fit in the circle, and I then cut it out with Circle Nestabilities and layered it over Scallop Circle Nestabilities cut from Classic Red Cardstock.

Check out what the AMAZING SFYTT sisters have done with this sketch right here!!

Jen del Muro
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Amy Sheffer
Carole Burrage
Jenn Diercks
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien
Megan Lock
Sony Christoph
Susan Liles
and Tori Wild, our FAB September Guest Designer!

Did you see this sketch last night on Facebook? Become a fan of SFYTT right HERE on Facebook and see the sketch the night before it's posted on Saturday!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: A La Modes Time To Celebrate by My Favorite Things
Paper: Classic Red, Sunflowers Medium, Choice Buttercream & Togetherness by Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Die-Namics Notebook Edge Die, Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, Cream Cotton Twill, Sewing Machine and Foam Tape

Jodi

20 comments:

  1. I love these a la modes and you did a fabulous job with it. The colors are so festive and I like the spiral die cut along the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE! The two newest A la Modes should be arriving at my house any day now!! Can't wait to get them inky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun!! Fantastic job on this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Jodi! I love the colors and punched edges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fun colors, the notebook edges and that cake! What a happy card, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! The Al a Modes are so cute! great colors and I love the twill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Fabulous creative style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these girls - I really must ink mine up! Great card my friend; take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on this sketch Jodi!! Love the dp and those a la mode images are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card.. I to love the notebook edges.. So cute Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so sweet! love the yummy colors and that stamps is too cute. super card as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh-so-sweet, Jodi! I just love the a la modes (illustrated by MY NEICE! :) ), and in your talented hands... cute, cute, cute perfection! The twill loops were a clever take on the sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card Jodi. Love that image... great colors... and FUN borders! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ack! JODI!!! this couldn't be any cuter. that sweet à la mode.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Fabulous image and colours. Loving the funky dp
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so especially fabulous!


    Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!