January 21, 2011

Poppies!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! TGIF!

I will be SO glad when this week is over! I have TONS of stamping to do this weekend...here's hoping my little one gives her mom time to get some stamping done!!


Here is a card I created for this week's challenge on the There She Goes Blog, TSG90, Wet Embossing!! My embossing gun has actually been getting some use these days, so I was well prepared for this challenge!!

I pulled out the previously released Poppies set from There She Goes. So often I go for a "cutesy" look, which is my favorite, but for this card I wanted a more elegant feel.

I stamped the flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X Press It Blending Card and colored them with markers. The shadow around them was actually done with chalks. I am ALWAYS so inspired by the sweet Inge and how she does this, so I thought I would give it a shot too.

For the wet embossing, I stamped the poppies definition, also from Poppies, in Versamark onto the Orange Zest cardstock and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. SUPER easy and it adds such a nice touch...no?

I kept this one super simple, with an embossed background done with the Polka Dots Embossing Folder, and a fun polka dot ribbon. Of course, I had to fit some of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles into my design too! The layout is the sweet Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC100!

We would love for you to play along with this challenge too! To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card that utilizes wet embossing techniques, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (Jan 24th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the look out to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG90 so we can check out your beautiful work!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Poppies from There She Goes
Paper: True Black (PTI), Smokey Shadow (PTI), Orange Zest (PTI) and X Press It Blending Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Versamark
Accessories: Copic Markers, Chalks, Sewing Machine, Circle Nestabilities, Clear Embossing Powder, Taylors Tiny Twinkles, Black Polka Dot Ribbon, Bow Easy, Polka Dots Embossing Folder and Foam Tape

Jodi

24 comments:

  1. This is just STUNNING w/ the orange on black, Jod's! beautiful poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thud! What a beauty girlie!!! Love how the colors just pop - hope you have a productive weekend...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card,the colours are just fabulous,they work perfectly with this layout,Have a great weekend,TGIF exactly!!! Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous girl! LOVE the colours! So rich, elegant and beautifully coloured!!! Enjoy your weekend of stamping! I hope to do a lot of that too!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Everything about it is absolutely perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Love the colors and I'm going to have to try the chalk trick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Jodi, this is absolutely beautiful card. I gasped when is saw it! Just Beautiful girlie.

    Have a blessed day.

    Hugs,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday friend!! I love your card....so gorgeous and what a stunning design!! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Jodi! LOVE the orange with the black!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful Jodi! I love how you've used the sketch and the warm oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Jodi! I love the color combo! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Jodi! Such a striking color combo and layout. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Love the colours and polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful!! The black makes the image stand out so well!! Gorgeous card!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty,these poppies are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is gorgeous, Jodi! beautiful coloring on the image. love love it! have a wonderful weekend coloring! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful, Jodi! I just LOVE the look of the embossed definition on the circle, and your coloring and sponging are just gorgeous! Have a great weekend, and I hope you get lots of stamping done:) I'll be doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is super elegant and gorgeous!!! Love the striking colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous poppies! I LOVE your coloring on this:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, girl...your poppies are FABULOUS!!!! The colors are sooo striking and I love the awesome sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!