May 10, 2011

MFT May Design Team Creative Challenge!

Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, Eva and Arlene have challenged us to give monochromatic coloring a try! Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

I was SO excited to try this!  Although I LOVE to color with my Copics, I had NEVER tried monochromatic coloring!  I think I've found a new love!!

For my card, I decided to use the a la modes in Key To My Heart.  I thought that coloring her in greys would give her an old school tattoo look.  What do you think?  I used all Toner Grays for my card, specifically T2, T3, T5, T6 and T7.

I used this week's Sweet Stop Sketch, SSS107, but I flipped it to use it vertically.  I went with a Black/White/Grey combo of cardstock, and the black and white panels were embossed with the Seeing Spots embossing folder.  I added a strip with the Die-Namics Little Open Scallop Strip Die where the two panels meet.  The oval panel is an older SU! patterned paper...it may be Urban Garden if I remember correctly.  I added two black brads and a big black saddle stitch bow.


I kept the inside SUPER simple, and pretty much let the AMAZING Die-Namics Well Worn Label Dies do all the work.  I used the fun, "You Hold The Key To My Heart" sentiment.


Here are the Die-Namics I've used on my card today!



Thanks SO much for stopping by!  I'm off to see what the other girls have done with this challenge!!

Recipe:
Stamps:  The a la modes in Key To My Heart from My Favorite Things
Paper:  X Press It Blending Card, True Black (PTI), Smokey Shadow (PTI) and Urban Garden (?) (SU!)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Petite Oval Nestabilities, Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, True Black Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Black Brads, Bow Easy, Die-Namics Little Open Scallop Strip Die, Die-Namics Well Worn Label Die and Foam Tape

Jodi

26 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Great card design with your toner greys. I am so going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...gorgeous card!!! I just love this card design.She is looking cute..
    The way you've chosen color for this card is excellent.
    Thanks for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and lay out Jodi, love all the grey tones together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza Jodi! Your coloring is AWESOME girl! Love the card lay-out too. so pretty! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I've never thought of doing an image in black and white! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend!!! You rocked this, I love the grey and black!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, Jodi! Love all those dies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is fabulous! It looks like a black and white vintage photo. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jodi - this is AHHHHHHHMAZING!!! I love how your image looks like a black and white photo!! Such a beautiful job!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jodi, that's simply gorgeous! LOVE your black/white card inside and out.
    But then....your cards always rock!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!!! Love what you've done, it's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is COOOOL! Love what you made! I have never tried that either. At first it looks like a B&W picture! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowwww, gorgeous work with the grey tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodi, this card is terrific! Love the gray/black tones! Awesome design!

    Everytime I come to your blog I have to peek to see which Edward pic you have in the margin. Goodness....this one is madness! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a perfect choice for the coloring! LOVE the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!!! LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous B & W look! beautiful card, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy smokers I SOOOOO OLOVE the black and white, this looks AWESOME! WOOT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wozers Jodi girl! This look is just amazing. I would love to try it, but it scares me. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO pretty! I love this girl in these shades.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!