November 7, 2011

It's An Edward Kind Of Day!

Hi everyone!  Happy Monday!!

OMG...Breaking Dawn is going to be here SO soon!  I've already purchased my tickets...and my BFF Dina and I have a tradition...we go twice in one day!  WOOT!  It all started with Twilight (of course).  We went to see it, both went home, and then, within an hour, were on the phone discussing how much we HAD to see it again...so back we went!  LOL!

I created this card to send to Dina using the fabulous Who's That Girl, Chick Flick!  How PERFECT is this set for our Twilight obsession???  I stamped the focal scene numerous times, both on cardstock and onto patterned paper, and colored some parts with Copic Markers, while paper piecing others.  There are ALOT of layers on the focal panel.
The layout is Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC142 and I used the AWESOME Mini Film Strip Die-Namics for the horizontal panel.  All of the patterned papers are Lost and Found Union Square from My Minds Eye.  I cut out a panel with the Just The Ticket Die-Namics and then, using the Just The Ticket stamp set, stamped the border around the ticket.  I then stamped "It's an Edward kind of Day" onto the ticket.  The sentiment in the set reads "It's an extra butter kind of day", so I simply did not ink up "extra butter", and stamped "Edward" using the Mini Banner Alphabet.  I added a heart cut with the Hearts A Plenty Die-Namics and a button cut with the Button Quartet Die-Namics, tied with some Charcoal Twine.

To finish off, I cut a panel with the Mini Ticket Strip Border Die-Namics, and then stamped "Rated" and "BFF" onto two of them.  This die perforates the paper, so I just separated them and stacked them on top of the other.  I also added a bit of selective stitching.


On the inside, I added another sentiment "I give our friendship two thumbs up!" and stamped the popcorn stamp.  I added a bit more selective stitching and called it done!


Here are the Die-Namics I've used on this card:





Before I go, I want to let you know that my blog was the blog to comment on for the November New Product Tour, and I am SUPER excited to announce that Jessica Diedrich is the lucky winner!!  WOOT!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps:  WTG Chick Flick and Just The Ticket and Banner Day Mini Alphabet from My Favorite Things
Paper:  Smokey Shadow (PTI), Choice Buttercream (TE) and Lost and Found Union Square (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Mini Film Strip Die-Namics, Just The Ticket Die-Namics, Hearts A Plenty Die-Namics, Button Quartet Die-Namics, Mini Ticket Strip Border Die-Namics, Charcoal Twine, Janome Sew Mini and Jody Boosters

Jodi

20 comments:

  1. OMG....so so cute!! Dina will love it! Have a great time at the double chick flick!!! Can't wait for Breaking Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi, I love this! I have my tickets ready too, and I always go twice as well- once with my friends, and once with my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my EDWARD!!! What an awesome card :) She is going to love it!
    You girlies are so lucky!!! Enjoy the movies, twice!!! :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! So excited its almost the 18th!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun and I am sure your friend will LOVE it. The sentiment is hilarious, enjoy the movie(s) girlies!!!

    I am going with my two girls, we are sooo looking forward to the 18th of November!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! She is going to love this!!! I wish I could join you. I'm going solo. :-( But that only means I have Edward ALL TO MYSELF! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is unbelievably fantastic! Love the movie strip and the popcorn bucket - all the ticket stamps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a bit of Edward to get your mojo flowing! Picture perfect artwork! Your bff will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Jodi! Love that image, the paper-piecing, the ticket... yes, I am looking forward to that too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT! I can't wait either. My hubby and I are going to see it. He is actually the one who got me watching it. Funny hu? I am sure your friend will love this card. It is perfect! :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Jodi, you totally crack me up!!! This card is so fabulous!!!! LOVE how you altered the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how wonderful is this.....PERFECT for an Edward day

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome card! It's perfect! The colors, paper piecing and fun film, tickets and heart details look fantastic! Can't wait to see Breaking Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is absolutely AWESOME, Jodi! Love, love, love the sentiment...and I love the rated BBF on the tickets....super CUTE! Gorgeous paper piecing too! This is just FABULOUS!!!!! I can't wait to see the new movie too!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  15. ack! this is darling!!! only you can pull something like this off....love your love of Edward! (I ♥ him, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. *SQUEAL* LOVE THIS!!!! Not long now 'till Edward time - although I woke to find out that my little local cinema is NOT having a midnight showing --- NOT HAPPY!!! Have to make alternative plans!! 1 week to go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Freak!!!! I LOVE THIS SOOOOO MUCH!! Are your sure you didn't mean to type 'Jenny' and accidentally got the word Dina?? they're pretty close ya know;) Wish I could come with you:( Although I helped with a medical emerg on my flight to Tampa and have some WestJet bucks to spend (nice, eh??).....;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jodi, was just going thru your blog and saw this....OMG I love it! What a fitting card for Twilight Fanatics. Love that you changed the sentiment to read Edward...sigh...isn't he just perfect. LOL!

    Great cards, just love your work.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!