June 19, 2012

It's MFT VIP Time...and the Surf's Up!


Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  It's that time of the month again...it's MFT VIP Time!  YAY!  Here is this month's AWESOME offering...the Surf's Up VIP Collection!   LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!  This is what is included:

Pure Innocence Surf Chick stamp set
Pure Innocence Surfer Dude stamp set
Surf's Up Sentiments mini (VIP exclusive stamp set - will never be offered for sale or be available again $9 value, FREE)
Jumbo Squiggle Border Die-namics
Sentiment Strips Die-namics


These two cuties were both my concept, so I am a tad bit excited that they are this month's VIP Collection!  To start, I have a card using the ADORABLE Pure Innocence Surf Chick!   I stamped her onto X Press It Blending Card, colored her with Copic Markers and then fussy cut her out.  I paper pieced her board with the same papers I've used on my card, Beach Babe by Fancy Pants.  I added two borders...one using the Wonky Scallop Border Die-Namics and one with the new Jumbo Squiggle Border Die-Namics...love!


I added a double flower cut with the Hibiscus Die-Namics (I adore this flower) and added it to my card to anchor my sentiment, "Ride The Waves", which is from the exclusive Surf's Up Sentiments Mini.  I stamped this onto a panel cut with the new Sentiment Strips Die-Namics.  Can I just say SWOON?  Where have these been all my life.  You are going to see me use these ALOT...(like Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics alot...lol).


I popped her up onto two layered circle panels cut with the Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics and Circle STAX 2 Die-Namics.  I embossed the Kraft circle using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and added a rhinestone circle for some pop. I also added LOTS of stitching with my Janome Sew Mini.


The inside is REALLY simple...I let this piece of patterned paper do most of the work.  I added stitching, rhinestones and another sentiment from the Surf's Up Mini Sentiments, "Happiness Is A Day Spent At The Beach".  


Here are the Copic Markers I've used on my card:


And here are the Die-Namics I've used on my card:





Next up I have a card to share with you using the new Pure Innocence Surfer Dude!  Isn't he SO cute?  I stamped him onto X Press It Blending Card, colored him with Copic Markers and then cut him out.  I paper pieced his board with the same papers I used on the rest of the card, Paradise Beach from Echo Park Papers, and I then added two coats of Glossy Accents to make his board shine.  I popped him up onto two layered circles cut with the Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics and Circle STAX 2 Die-Namics, and the Sno Cone circle was embossed with the Seeing Spots Embossing Folder.


Here is a closeup of him...I think he is SO cute!


I used a panel cut with one of the new Sentiment Strips Die-Namics (still swooning) to stamp my sentiment, "Feeling Gnarly?", from the Surf's Up Mini Sentiments.  I also added a trio of flags cut with the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics and lots of stitching.


On the inside I added more patterned paper, lots more stitching, along with another sentiment from the Surf's Up Mini Sentiments, "Hope You Are Back on The Waves Soon".  LOVE this for a get well soon card!


Here are the Copic Markers I've used on my card:


And here are the Die-Namics I've used on my card:





Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Please head on over to Kim's Blog for a listing of all the designers tonight!

Ride The Waves Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence Surf Chick and Surf's Up Mini Sentiments from My Favorite Things
Paper:  Kraft (MFT), Sweet Tooth (MFT), Candy Hearts (Bazzill Card Shoppe), X Press It Blending Card and Beach Babe (Fancy Pants)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics, Circle STAX 2 Die-Namics, Jumbo Squiggle Border Die-Namics, Wonky Scallop Border Die-Namics, Hibiscus Die-Namics, Sentiment Strips Die-Namics, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Janome Sew Mini, Rhinestones, Rhinestone Circle, Twine and Jody Boosters

Feeling Gnarly? Recipe:
Stamps:  Pure Innocence Surfer Dude and Surf's Up Mini Sentiments from My Favorite Things
Paper: Sno Cone (MFT), Orange Fizz (MFT), Sweet Tooth (MFT), X Press It Blending Card and Paradise Beach (Echo Park Papers)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics, Circle STAX 2 Die-Namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-Namics, Sentiment Strip Die-Namics, Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, Red Brads, Janome Sew Mini and Jody Boosters

Jodi

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. These are delightful!! The first one has just the right touch of feminine with that gorgeous flower and you chose the BEST surfboard paper for the second card!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl can NOT go wrong with a pink surf board! And the little dude is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, really nice! Love the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so excited to have your ideas come to life. Love both cards. I love the texture to the background that you added. Love the bling on #1. All the stitching and piecing looks perfect. ksh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrat's on your successful PI idea, these kids really surf it up...so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Congrats on seeing your concept turned into actual product. How exciting is that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards, love the embossing and stitching on both, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmm! texture, beautiful texture. great cards, Jodi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas for sets!!! Love both your cards!! Love the pieced surfboards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards!! I'm telling you, you MFT girls are all amazing!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are so adorable! super cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both super cute, love them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!