June 12, 2012

MFT June Creative Challenge - Frame It!


Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

Welcome to the MFT June Design Team Creative Challenge!  Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we challenge our Design Team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique.  This month, we've been asked to Frame It!  Be sure to check the MFT Blog for a list of all the designers who have put their MFT Stamps/Die-Namics dies to work to create a piece of framed art for you!

I had SO much creating this!  I made this frame for Meredith's Kindergarten Teacher.  She is AMAZING and really has been SUCH a wonderful teacher.  I am SO thankful that she had a Kindergarten teacher that has taught her SO much, especially to LOVE to learn. 

This isn't the greatest picture...I just could not get a good shot, but hopefully you can see it!  Here is what I did!  I bought this frame in Michaels, and it came with the mat and has room for dimension in side.  I started with a piece of Sno Cone Cardstock cut to size and used that to build my scene.  I added two rolling hills that I hand cut from My Favorite Felt in Sour Apple and Jellybean Green and I stitched the hills with my Janome Sew Mini.

I cut two tree trunks using the Teardrop Tree Die-Namics using My Favorite Felt in Chocolate.  I then added the tree tops using the same Die-Namics once again using My Favorite Felt in Sour Apple and Jellybean Green.  I used the Rainbow Die-Namics to create the rainbow tucked behind the trees and I cut each stripe using Red Hot, Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop, Gumdrop Green, Sour Apple, Berrylicious and Grape Jelly Cardstock.



I cut two clouds using the Flat Bottom Die-Namics out of My Favorite Felt in Puff Cloud White.  I pulled out the DARLING Pure Innocence Mud Buddies and I stamped her onto X Press It Blending Card and colored her with Copic Markers.  I "fussy cut" her out and popped her up onto the hills.  I added a trio of flower clusters cut with the flower from the Notched Tag Die-Namics, and adorned each with a rhinestone.


I added a Kraft tag to the bottom corner cut with the Tag You're It Die-Namics.  I cut a panel for the bottom of the tag out of My Favorite Felt in Jellybean Green and added some stitching.  I then added a cluster of rolled flowers cut using the Large Rolled Rose Die-Namics out of Red Hot Cardstock, Rolled Retro Flower Die-Namics out of Orange Fizz Cardstock and Rolled Gardenia Die-Namics out of Sno Cone Cardstock.  The sentiment, "Thank You For Helping Me Bloom" was computer generated and printed out onto Sweet Tooth Cardstock.  I cut it out with the First Place Award Ribbon Die-Namics and tucked it under the flowers.  I topped it off with a big gingham bow and added a Sno Cone button cut with the Button Quartet Die-Namics.


Here are the Copic Markers I've used:


Here are the Die-Namics I've used:









Thanks SO much for stopping by!  

Recipe:
Stamps:  Pure Innocence Mud Buddies from My Favorite Things
Paper:  Red Hot (MFT), Orange Fizz (MFT), Lemon Drop (MFT), Berrylicious (MFT), Sno Cone (MFT), Jellybean Green (MFT), Sour Apple (MFT), Grape Jelly (MFT), Sweet Tooth (MFT) and X Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, My Favorite Felt in Puff Cloud White, My Favorite Felt in Jellybean Green, My Favorite Felt in Sour Apple, My Favorite Felt in Chocolate, Rhinestones, Janome Sew Mini, Flat Bottom Cloud Die-Namics, Rainbow Die-Namics, Teardrop Tree Die-Namics, Notched Tag Die-Namics, Tag You're It Die-Namics, Button Quartet Die-Namics, Large Rolled Rose Die-Namics, Rolled Retro Die-Namics, Rolled Gardenia Die-Namics and Jody Boosters

Jodi
Pin It

26 comments:

  1. You're getting a big ol' HOLY CANNOLI from me! This is the most adorable framed art, Jodi!! ADORABLE ADORABLE ADORABLE! LOVE the stitching on the hills! ADORABLE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, bold and beautiful! Looks divine in that bright white frame. Great tag, too. I bet teacher will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable framed Art Jodi, teacher will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I squeeled when I saw this. Over the top CUTE!!! love the adorable scene with those stitched hills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eek...whow Jodi...this could not be any more adorable...it is beyond cute!!!! love that you stitched the felt together..and such a cute way to say thanks to a teacher..love the added tag sentiment too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how cute! The teacher is going to love to get this frame. Love the stitching of the hills. REally adds to it all. THe little tag in the corner is perfect too. The PI girl with with the little flowers on the grass are so cute too. LOVE this! ksh

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!.....the tag is so pretty and eye catching, love that rainbow die, the felt as grass (such great texture), the sewing, your coloring...seriously, awesome project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my holy heck! This is STUNNING, Jodi! I love every little special detail you put into this work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jodi -- I love this so much! I've said it before, but I'll say it again -- your work is pure perfection! Love everything about this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay first up LOVE the new blog banner, Jodi! That is FABULOUS!!!
    Your framed art is GORGEOUS, hun! Love the beautiful rolling hills and the great scene...love the stitching too...I'm always so jealous of your beautiful sewing on your projects and cards...I can't sew to save my life:(
    Love the tag and the sweet sentiment! Way to ROCK this challenge!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are seriously amazing! This is beyond fabulous. I love your stitched/quilted background...the whole thing just pops! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow!! This is amazing!! Your teacher is going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy moley!! This is so cute!!! I love the little rainbow and the felt trees and grass, she's so sweet in her little gardening duds - so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ACK! This is just TOO adorable! LOVE everything about this, Jodi! Meredith's teacher is going to FLIP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. DARLING! I love how you used the felt and did stitching on the hills....LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your scene and coloring are fabulous! Meredith's teacher is going to be soooo touched by your thoughtfulness (and creativity!). This is incredible! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GASP! This is AMAZING, Jodi! Holy cow! I love every little tiny bit of it! Soooo cute! Your daughter's teacher is going to flip (or already has)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutely beautiful, Jodi!!!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome girl! Love making scenes with the MFT dies! This project is wonderful! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW absolutely beautiful! Love it all, very creative and teacher will love it! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous project! I love everything about it, and the tag is such a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGoodness, that is BEYOND gorgeous!!! Stunning and so pretty and I know her teacher will SO appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Wow and Wow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome girl! Love making scenes with the MFT dies! This project is wonderful! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!