June 22, 2012

Thank You from the Little Ladies!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

A few weeks ago was the end of Meredith's soccer season, and I volunteered to make a thank you card for her coach, from the whole team, to thank him for all of his time and hard work!   I wanted something really personalized and so I decided to make a card and represent each and every one of the "Little Ladies".

I decided to create a stair step fold card and I found an awesome tutorial right HERE on SCS.  I started with a card base of  Blue Raspberry and once I had my lines scored and folded, I stamped eleven little girls using Pure Innocence I Get A Kick Out Of You.  I masked all of their hands so that I could also stamp the soccer ball.  They were stamped onto X Press It Blending Card, colored with Copic Markers and then fussy cut out.  Using a Copic Multliner, I wrote each of the girls' names on their shirts to personalize them.  

Before attaching the girls to the card, I added strips of "grass" cut with the Fresh Cut Grass Die-Namics cut from Gumdrop Green Cardstock.  I also added a sun cut from Lemon Drop Yellow Cardstock using the Sunshine Die-Namics, and clouds cut from Sweet Tooth Cardstock using the Flat Bottom Clouds Die-Namics, as it was either cloudy and freezing or sweltering hot for each game this season!


Here are individual shots of each row of girls.  For Meredith's friend Lexi in the middle of row #1, I drew in some glasses with a Copic Multliner.  Her mom loved that I added that little detail.  I added a banner cut with the First Place Award Ribbon Die-Namics  to the front and I stamped "Little Ladies '12" using the Mini Banner Day Alphabet.


Here is a closeup of the second row.  You can see my little Meredith portrayed in paper in this row.


And finally, the last row.  Meredith sat with me while I colored all of these cuties, making sure I colored each girl with the appropriate color hair.


Here are the Copic Markers I've used on this card:


Here are the Die-Namics I've used on my card:




Since my Avery took the spotlight on Wednesday with my MFTWSC card, I had to give equal blog time to my precious Meredith.  She just turned six and is the light of my life...here she is playing goalie.  Isn't she a cutie pie?  LOVE my girl.  LOVE her.


Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Pure Innocence I Get A Kick Out Of You and Mini Banner Day Alphabet from My Favorite Things
Paper:  Blue Raspberry (MFT), Gumdrop Green (MFT), Lemon Drop (MFT), Sweet Tooth (MFT) and X Press It Blending Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, First Place Award Ribbon Die-Namics, Sunshine Die-Namics, Flat Bottom Cloud Die-Namics, Fresh Cut Grass Die-Namics and Jody Boosters

Jodi

Pin It

42 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome! I love the glasses. My daughter played when she was little. I wish I would have thought of this. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is so over the top cute!!! The coach is going to love it! Your oldest is getting so big and what a sweetie!! It's so fun to watch them learn the sports, especially at that age. Great pic of her in action, she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow & wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oh my,you are just too clever lady! What an amazing card for any coach to receive! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gasped when I saw this in google followers...in a GOOD way!!! This is phenomenal! So creative! I must but this set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card for the coach. I am sure that each little PI represents each girl. A great keepsake for the coach. ksh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant girl! Serioulsy! LOVE this! Those little details are perfect!!! Fabulous picture too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exceptional very very nice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! You are brilliant Jodi! I'm sure the coach will treasure this always. It is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEK EEK EEK whowzers Jodi this is so over the top cute!..what a terrific idea...What a awesome card for anyone to receive !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! This is amazing!

    The coach should cherish this forever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! Although, I don't envy all the cutting you had to do!! Definitely worth it in the end though.

    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, suck me sideways if this isn't the cutest thing on blogland this week, or even this month...dare I say year?? What a treasure and a heap of work! you rock my nutty friend:)The other soccer moms will bow down to you, Queen of Stamping!! and Meredith has got game! wow- what a cutie;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodi! This is AMAZING! I adore how you personalized each little lady and the glasses you added to Lexi are precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today, it is YOUR GREATNESS I am bowing to! Absolutely freakin' cute, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeeek!!! This is soooo cute!! The coach is going to flip! FABULOUSLY done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh Jodi! what a CUTE card! How could you ever give it up - love the rows of all the individual players with their names proudly on their shirts - I'm sure the coach will treasure this - look how grown up your sweet Meredith is! time sure flies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy Cow! Jodi, this is just amazing! No doubt the coach will treasure this! Great photo of your sweet Meredith, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! This is absolutely the cutest thing!!! I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You ooze creativity and innovative design. Love this. Stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How amazingly adorable this is!! So creative and such a special gift. Thanks for inspiring me all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How amazingly adorable this is!! So creative and such a special gift. Thanks for inspiring me all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is over-the-top outstanding!!! What a treasure for the coach to keep! Fantasti Jodi, oh and love Lexi's glasses.....as I wore glasses when I was little too! Super SUPER cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet sweet card! And, awesome photo of your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Seriously, I think this is the cutest card I have EVER seen. What a fabulous job you did on it. So original and clever. I bet the coach was astounded and just tickled to death. I love all the names on the shirts and the adorable little lady with the glasses. What a sensational piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cute is this!! The Coach had to have loved it~ Just totally made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an adorable card!!! Im sure the coach appreciated the time and personalization!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Holy moly, what a SPECIAL card and so great that you personalized it with hair color and and other details to match each girl! LOVE this card! Great photo of Meredith in action!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jodi! This is the cutest thing EVER! How special and I just about died when I saw it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my word, Jodi!!! This is simply AMAZING!!! Every detail is just perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. she is a cutie pie indeed! and i bet she is really good at soccer, too! =) and wow, girl! amazing card. love the personalized girls. so thoughtful! absolutely amazing project, Jodi! love love it! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous!! You worked hard on this one! Girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jodi this is so cool! What a great idea... I bet the coach LOVED it!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a neat card Jodi. Love how you have the whole team on it! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG this is so amazing! LOVE that you added all the girls and glasses for Lexi. BRILLIANT my friend & Avery looks like a star playing "football"

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jodi, this is the cutest thing EVER!!! I mean it, ever! OMG I love this idea, your layout, the coloring, all of it. I bet that card will be treasured forever! Thanks for sharing and making me smile! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Um...WOWWWWWWWWW! This is an incredible project...beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow, wow and wow!!!! Spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!