August 28, 2012

Taylored Expressions Team Studio Challenge - August!


Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

 The theme for August is:
PROJECT RUNWAY!  Do you watch this show?  It's perfect for creative types like us!  On PR, the designers are given crazy challenges each week and asked to maintain their own personal style or point of view in their creation.

So, what's your stamping style or point of view?  Would you consider your style to be CAS (Clean and Simple), Cutesy, Graphic, Vintage, Elegant, Layers & More Layers, or what?  Describe it any way you like, it's your style after all!  Today's challenge is to show us a couple of different projects using the same supplies.  Show us one CAS card and one Fancy Fold card while still retaining your own personal style as much as possible.

My style...well, I am a lots of layers kind of girl.  The more the merrier!  I do envy those who rock the CAS look, but I find it hard to do myself.  I like to mat all of my panels, and I always use a neutral color as a mat.  I also like to leave a bit more of a space when attaching my cardfront...I like the look of a wider border of the card base.

When it comes to images, I generally lean towards more of a cutesy look than realistic images, but I also love to change it up and use flowers from time to time.

Here is a look at both of my cards together!  For both I've used Rosy Posey and the coordinating Rosey Posey Taylored Dies!  See, I used flowers!


Let's start with my fancy fold card.  I tried something new today and created an Easel Card using Beate's fabulous tutorial here (Beate is my stamping hero...I LOVE everything she does!).  This was SUPER easy and fun to make!

After I created the card base from Kraft cardstock, I worked on the main panel.  All of the patterned papers are the new Honey from My Minds Eye.  I added a border using the Scallop Eyelet Border Taylored Die.  I stamped the flowers from Rosy Posey in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and cut them out with the Rosy Posey Taylored Dies.  I then colored them with Copic Markers.

I cut green leaves with the Leafy Branch Taylored Die and added that to the card.  I then arranged the flowers on top and added them with Foam Tape.  I added lots of stitching (before adding the leaves and flowers!) and then finished off the front with three Goosebumps (love these) to the top corner.


Here is a closeup of the flowers and leaves:


Here is a shot of the inside.  I added more patterned paper and another border, as well as another flower and some leaves.  The flower and leaves are what hold the easel when the card is open.


Here is a view of the card when all done and "opened".


Now onto my CAS card.  Now, I mentioned above that CAS cards are difficult for me, and I think it's just that I feel the need to fill up all the space.  That being said, I actually really LOVE how this came out!

I started with a Kraft card base again, and then rounded the bottom corners using The Corner Chomper.  I stamped a sentiment from Rosy Posey and then stamped the flowers, this time using the solid flower stamps in the set.  I cut them out with the Rosy Posey Taylored Dies.  I cut another set of leaves with the Leafy Branch Taylored Die and once again, arranged them on my card with Foam Tape.  I added three more Goosebumps to my CAS card and called it done.


Here is a closeup of the flowers and leaves.  I LOVE the solid flowers!


Here are the Copic Markers I've used (On my fancy fold card):



Here is the stamp set I've used for both of my cards:


And here are the Taylored Dies I've used on my cards:



 
Check out what the rest of the Baker's Dozen have created today here:
Thanks SO much for stopping by!!
 
Thank You Recipe:
Stamps:  Rosy Posey from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Kraft (MFT), Black Licorice (MFT), Jellybean Green (MFT), Choice Buttercream (TE) and Honey (My Minds Eye)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Scallop Eyelet Border Taylored Die, Rosy Posey Taylored Dies, Leafy Branch Taylored Die, Janome Sew Mini, Goosebumps and Foam Tape
 
Thank You For Being My Friend Recipe:
Stamps:  Rosy Posey from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Kraft (MFT), Jellybean Green (MFT) and Choice Buttercream (TE)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Strawberry Fresh Ink and Honey Fresh Ink
Accessories: Corner Chomper, Goosebumps, Rosy Posey Taylored Die, Leafy Branch Taylored Die and Foam Tape

Jodi
 Pin It

14 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS, Jodi! You ROCKED the CAS here! Love the flowers against the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi!!! You definitely are the layers QUEEN! Your cards are always so gorgeous. I love your take on CAS - awesome!!! Both of your creations are so pretty. Gave me a big smile this morning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, I love your style every card you make says "Jodi"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love these Jodi! I agree with Jackie, you nailed the CAS today (and you always do!). I can't decide which one I like best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous, Jodi, and your stitching always puts me to shame! Love your style! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Jodi,I didn't realise at first that it was an easel,such clever placing of the flower to hold the top make it really special. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, Jodi! Love the bold flowers against the kraft, and you rocked the CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi, you always ROCK the layered cards...so jealous as they're the hardest for me! :) Your CAS is gorgeous, love the bold colors and the flowers are perfect for both styles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers Jodi!! These are both AWESOME!! such a wonderful mix of dp's and Sweet roses!8-) Love your Fabulous style! You Always create the most Wonderful layered cards GF! 8-) So inspiring! And I think you Rock CAS cards too! And I so know what you mean about wanting to fill up the space! lol so tough for me too!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness!! Love these roses and your CAS card really is stunning! I love the colors with the kraft and the bling is the perfect accent. Loving your adorable easel card too! What a fun way to dress up the inside! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous CAS cards! Love those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We did use the same stamps and papers! I suppose that says a lot about our stamping styles! Love your projects. Your CAS Card so simple and elegant and the roses with the leaves behind them are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Love these girl!!! That flower is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!