June 21, 2013

You've Had A Big Impact On My Life!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

There is only one more day of school for Meredith, and I finally sat down to make a card for her teacher.  We LOVE her teacher and Meredith is a super sensitive little girl, so I am preparing for quite a few tears when she has to say goodbye to her on Monday!

For my card, I started with Jen's Deconstructed Sketch, DS105!    What a fun sketch!  I pulled out the fabulous Big Greetings Set and got to work!  

I LOVE this sentiment, and I think it is SO perfect for a teacher card!  I cut two circles of Smooth White Cardstock with the Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics and Circle STAX 2 Die-Namics.  I stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice Ink.

All of the patterned papers are Up & Away from My Minds Eye, and I used the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-Namics to create the flag behind the circles. 
I felt that my card needed something to balance out the Black Grosgrain Ribbon and bow on the top, so I created the flower from Kraft Cardstock using my beloved Pretty Posies Die-Namics.  I tucked leaves underneath cut with the Leaf Filled Flourish cut from the delish Spearmint Cardstock!  I topped off the flower with a Black Licorice Button tied with Hemp Cord.



On the inside, I added a strip of patterned paper, and stamped another sentiment from Big Greetings, "Thank You", again in Black Licorice Ink.

 
Here are the MFT products I've used on my card:
 
Thanks SO much for stopping by! 

 Recipe:
Stamps:  Big Greetings from My Favorite Things
Paper: Kraft, Black Licorice, Spearmint, Smooth White (MFT) and Up & Away (My Minds Eye)
Ink: Black Licorice and Kraft (MFT)
Accessories:  Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics, Circle STAX 2 Die-Namics, Leaf Filled Flourish Die-Namics, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-Namics, Postage Border Die-Namics, Pretty Posies Die-Namics, Black Licorice Button, Hemp Cord, Black Grosgrain Ribbon and Jody Boosters
 
Jodi
 Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Jodi. The layers are beautifully done. You have such a fabulous eye when creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on that sketch Jodi! Love all of the colors here, and that fab-kraft-layered-flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure M's teacher will love this! The sentiment is so heartwarming! I hope there aren't too many tears on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower is gorgeous, I'm sure Meredith will be much missed in her class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job..love the colors..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card for her teacher! Love the bold black ribbon really look wonderful with the pretty flower! Hard to say goodby to a extra special teacher, hopefully she will get a Great one next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!