February 13, 2015

Organization For Your Creative Space: Coloring Mediums!

Hi everyone!  Happy Friday!

Welcome to another installment of Organization For Your Creative Space!   A full complement of coloring mediums includes a wide assortment of container shapes, sizes, and storage requirements. Our team is sharing the ways they manage the mayhem of their coloring mediums with this installment of the Organization Challenge.

I’m so excited to share how I store my coloring mediums, and I cannot even wait to check out how the rest of the team organizes theirs as well!

Here is a look at my main desk area.  I stamp right in front of my Copic Markers.  I use two Magpie Storage Bins (I haven’t seen these available in years…mine are at least 6 years old) to house my markers, and they are turned on their side as they would not fit the other way underneath my ink pad holders.  I like how there is room between the top of the storage bins and the bottom of my ink pads, and I keep my owl holder that houses my planner pens (more on that below), extra Colorless Blender, stamp cleaner and my new set of Chameleon pens on top.

Print

Here is a closer look at my Copics.  I keep like colored markers in each section for easy access.  I also store my Spica Glitter Pens, assorted markers (Sharpies, Wink of Stella, etc) in this unit, as well as my Copic Multliners.  In the drawers I store my extra nibs for my Copic Markers and other odds and ends.

Print

I keep my Copic Marker Color Chart (you can find one here from the amazing Sharon Harnist) inside a lucite frame on my desk top.  I like to keep this handy for when I am coloring an image and want to match a card stock color.  You can see that there are quite a few blank spaces…perhaps I should shop a bit…no?

Print

How cute is this sweet little guy?  I picked him up at a big box craft store and I use him to house my beloved collection of pens and markers for my planner.  I just love pens…always have and always will!

Print

I recently purchased a set of 5 new Chameleon Markers.  They are pretty cool to work with…I just played around a little bit with them.  The new LJD Spring Tulips set was perfect for trying them out.  I think they are a lot of fun for flowers, but I don’t think they will ever replace my beloved Copic Markers.

Print

I also keep a trio of mason jars with an assortment of colored pencils.  I have a mix of Prismacolor, Stampin’ Up and others.  My little one usually grabs these while I am stamping so she can create as well, which is why they all look so terrible!  I’ve not colored with my Prismacolors in ages!

Print

I hope you’ve enjoyed this little glimpse into my stamp space!  Please head on over to the MFT Blog for a listing of all the Design Team members sharing their organization today!

Print

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

signature

4 comments:

  1. I love the pencils in the mason jars with the rings left on! And the COPICS! drool!!!! Love the storage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colour station.
    How big is your Copic colour chart? It looks really big on here and if it is larger than a 8.5x11 sheet of paper what type of paper did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy! It is a regular 8.5X11 piece of paper and I printed it on X-Press It Blending Card, the same paper I use to color on, to get a true swatch of each color :)

      Delete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!