April 16, 2015

Shakers Gonna Shake!

Hi everyone!  Happy Thursday!

All week long, MFT has been exploring the fabulous world of shaker cards, and today it’s all about shaker cards created with word dies!  SO.MUCH.FUN!!

Print

This card was SUPER fun to make!  I started with a panel of Smooth White Card Stock cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics.  I cut it again using the Happy Die-namics and then stamped “BIRTHDAY” using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and {A LITTLE BIT LATE} using Ripe Raspberry Premium Dye Ink, both sentiments are from Happy Everything.  I turned the panel over and added an acetate panel for the window, and then added foam tape.  Before adding a backing panel, I filled the shaker section up with a mix of sequins from my stash.  I then covered up the back using Natural Card Stock also cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics.

I wanted to keep the front simple, and focus on the word die and the sequins, so I cut a panel of Natural Card Stock cut with the Rectangle Frames Die-namics and stamped with the Diagonal Stripes Background using Versamark Ink.  I then embossed the stripes using White Detail Embossing Powder.   I then added the stamped and embossed frame to the main panel.  I added a mat of Smooth White Card Stock to the main panel cut with Blueprints 2 Die-namics, and then attached the fully assembled panel to a card base of Ripe Raspberry Prestige Card Stock.

Print

On the inside, I cut another two panels of Smooth White Card Stock using Blueprints 1 Die-namics and Blueprints 2 Die-namics.  I stamped “#HAPPYBIRTHDAY” from LLD Friend Request using Ripe Raspberry Premium Dye Ink.

Print

MFT Supplies

Print

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the MFT BLog for a listing of all the designers sharing shaker cards today!

BLOGSIGNATURE

Recipe: Stamps: Happy Everything and LLD Friend Request (MFT) Ink: Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, Ripe Raspberry Premium Dye Ink (MFT) and Versamark Paper: Ripe Raspberry Prestige Card Stock, Natural Card Stock and Smooth White Card Stock (MFT) Accessories: Blueprints 1 Die-namics, Blueprints 2 Die-namics, Happy Die-namics, Rectangle Frames Die-namics, White Detail Embossing Powder (MFT) Acetate, Sequins and Jody Boosters

15 comments:

  1. Fun shaker card Jodi. Love the HAPPY die-cut used as the window opening for the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing all the different colors there are in sequins . Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun shaker Jodi , great colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Jodi. You MFT DT girls really know how to "shake up" a new release! I love that die. Its gorgeous!
    I am relatively new to MFT and only have one item so far. Luckily, its a Father's Day stamp set so I will soon be breaking it out but I have none of their dies as yet. This die is PERFECT for a shaker card and so much more! (Adding it to my MFT wish list now!) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super sweet and beautiful shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean lines and great colors on your shaker, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean lines and great colors on your shaker, very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, it would never matter being late with a fun card like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this open window feel! Great look and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your "HAPPY" shaker! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous birthday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!