July 22, 2015

Hello! {CTD352}

Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown, and this week, Tammy has challenged us to use lime-y green, aqua green, light gray and dark gray!  I LOVE this color combo!

Print

For the main panel, I cut a panel of Smooth White Card Stock using Blueprints 1 Die-namics.  I ALWAYS use Smooth White Card Stock when stamping a solid image or using a stencil, the ink just lays so beautifully on this paper.  I taped my panel down and laid the Abstract Stencil on top.  I sponged on Summer Splash Premium Dye Ink and Sour Apple Premium Dye Ink.  I love these colors together!  When I was done laying down the ink, I removed the stencil and added a mat of Sweet Tooth Card Stock cut with Blueprints 2 Die-namics.

I cut a panel of Steel Grey Card Stock using the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, and then cut a panel of Grout Gray Card Stock using Blueprints 8 Die-namics.  I layered the two panels together and added them to the card.  I then cut “hello” using the Happy Hellos Die-namics from Silver Sparkle Card Stock.  I ran the die cut word through my Xyron Create-A-Sticker Machine (LOVE this machine) and then added it to the flag.  I finished off the card with two sequins and a rhinestone!

Print

MFT Supplies

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Joan Ervin

Lori Tecler

Monika Davis

Tammy Hershberger

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Valentyna Komisarenko, this month’s AMAZING Guest!

Dawn Easton, this week’s FAB Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

BLOGSIGNATURE

Recipe: Stamps: None Ink: Summer Splash Premium Dye Ink and Sour Apple Premium Dye Ink (MFT) Card Stock: Steel Grey Card Stock, Grout Gray Card Stock, Sweet Tooth Card Stock, Smooth White Card Stock and Silver Sparkle Card Stock (MFT) Accessories: Blueprints 1 Die-namics, Blueprints 2 Die-namics, Blueprints 8 Die-namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Happy Hellos Die-namics, Abstract Stencil (MFT) Sparkling Sequins, Rhinestone and Jody Boosters

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Jodi. Love the sponging and the soft color changes. The silver die-cut word looks perfect on the black strip. Great design girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ombre background, Jodi! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just WOW on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this gradient BG is stunning!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this design is stunning, Jodi!!! The gradient on the back - have no words, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so much fun, Jodi! Love that background and the sparkly hello!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!