October 18, 2017

Ghostly Greetings! {CTD465}

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge! This week, I am the hostess, and I have chosen the combination of purple, black and white! I hope you love this combination, and the inspiration picture, as much as I do!

Print

I know I say this ALL the time, but I seriously had SO much fun creating this card! I started with a panel of Smooth White Card Stock cut using the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics. I used the Mini Cloud Edges Stencil to create the cloudy sky, and I sponged on Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Ink. I cut a post it note using the Circle STAX 1 Die-namics before sponging on the clouds, so that I would have a “moon” left after adding the clouds. I spritzed the clouds with water, and once the panel was dry, I sponged on Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink for the “ground” using the Drifts & Hills Stencil.

I stamped a tree from Modern Trees using Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink, and then stamped two bats from Fab-BOO-Lous Friends also using Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink. The sentiment, Ghostly Greetings, also from Fab-BOO-Lous Greetings was also stamped using Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink. I then lightly sprayed the entire panel with a shimmer mist. I cut the three gravestones and the ghost from X-Press It Blending Card using the Fab-BOO-Lous Friends Die-namics, and then stamped them using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink with Fab-BOO-Lous Friends. I colored them with Copic Markers and popped them up with Foam Tape onto the scene. LOVE!

Print

swatch465

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Lisa Henke

Lori Tecler

Lynn Put

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Amy Rysavy

Amy Rohl

Michele Ferguson, this month’s AMAZING Guest Designer!

Estelle TBT, this week’s FABULOUS Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

DTsignaturejodi

4 comments:

  1. I just had to come over from the Color Throwdown site and tell you I just love your card! Thank you for sharing how you made it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so CUTE!!! I love the sky treatment you did on this card!! Looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!