February 28, 2018

Thanks, You Have a Heart of Gold {CTD482}

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge, and this week, Barbara has challenged us to use pink, gray and kraft! SO gorgeous!

Print

I had SO much fun creating this card! I began with a panel of Smooth White Card Stock cut using the A2 Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics, and I sponged on Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink, Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink and Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide Ink (this is one of my favorite of the new colors)! I then used the Framework Stencil and spread on Texture Paste with a Palette Knife. I carefully removed the stencil and let the Texture Paste dry overnight. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it came out!

I really wanted the background to take center stage on my card, so I kept the rest of the elements soft. I cut a panel of Translucent Vellum using the Circle STAX 2 Die-namics, trimmed off one side, and then added it to the card. I cut “Thanks” four times from Smooth White Card Stock using the Twice The Thanks Die-namics, and then layered them together and added them on top of the vellum circle. I then cut a panel of Cement Gray Prestige Card Stock using the Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips Die-namics, and stamped “YOU HAVE A HEART OF GOLD” from Kind Thanks using Versamark Ink. I heat embossed the sentiment using White Detail Embossing Powder, and then finished off the card with a trio of white enamel dots.


Print

cupsupplies

swatch482

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Lisa Henke

Lori Tecler

Lynn Put

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Amy Rysavy

Amy Rohl

Claire Apostoloff, this month’s AMAZING Guest Stamper!

Yoon Young Kim, this week’s FABULOUS Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

cupsignature

1 comment:

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!