December 23, 2008

Wow...um...this is an interesting color combo


:) LOL!! Seriously, when I saw this color combo today I was totally STUMPED!!! However, once I started making it, I started to like it...love it when that happens!!

Hi everyone! Here is my card for today's Color Challenge on SCS, CC198, So Coral Opulence, and for the Holiday Challenge Extravaganza HCE04 Easy as One Two Three. Here are the requirements Jimmi gave us for this challenge:

My challenge is to make a BIRTHDAY CARD with the following requirements:

1. One Piece of Designer Paper (if you don't have any you can make your own using stamps!

2. Two Colors of Cardstock Only (not counting 1 neutral)

3. Use Three Punches on Your Card

*Use whatever stamps you like but RIBBON can be your ONLY embellishment...just cause it's my favorite

I chose to use Crazy for Cupcakes for this challenge, and I watercolored the image with my SU! Inks and an Aquapainter. I used a piece of So Saffron DSP, the three punches are the Scallop Edge Punch and the large & small Oval Punches. I just this second realized that I used one extra color of cardstock (see what happens when I try to combine challenges?? OOPS!!) and I used So Saffron Polytwill Ribbon as my only embellishment.

Thanks so much for looking!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Crazy For Cupcakes, Polka Dot & Bitty Birthday
Paper: So Saffron, Cameo Coral, Orchid Opulence & Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, So Saffron, Cameo Coral & Orchid Opulence
Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool & Template, So Saffron PolyTwill Ribbon, Large & Small Oval Punches, Scallop Edge Punch, Aquapainter and Dimensionals

Jodi

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!!
    Thanks for playing my challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rocked this disgusting color combo!! LOL! Makes me almost like OO!! Great card, Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! You made the colors harmonize so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AWESOME girl..totally awesome!! I couldn't force myself to do the color combo, but I might give it a whirl today!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!