January 2, 2009

Weekly Verve Sketch Challenges??? Well, color me excited...and Kiwi!


LOL! Hi everyone! Happy Friday!!! I am off work today and while browsing SCS, came across this thread in the Verve Forum...Weekly Sketch Challenges! How COOL is that! Today's sketch, VLVJan01, has a twist of hardware, so you had to do the sketch and use some hardware! FUN!!

I have been so inspired by Sharon (notimetostamp) and how she uses black & white with a pop of color, so that is what I did here, using Kiwi Kiss as my pop! I used Fluttering By by Verve and the DSP is SU!'s Bella Rose. I stamped the butterfly in Kiwi Kiss directly onto the Bella Rose DSP for some interest. I then stamped the beautiful sentiment from this same set, and added a Kiwi Kiss Butterfly behind it to anchor it. I then used my new Circle Nestabilities to create the circle. For the hardware, I used six black metal brads (I think they are from American Crafts but I am not too sure...). I finished it off with a ribbon knot of Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon and then tied a small piece of Black Gingham Ribbon to the knot.

Thanks so much for looking!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fluttering By by Verve
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss & Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Basic Black and Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Black Metal Brads, Photo Corner Punch, Paper Piercing Tool & Template, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Black Gingham Ribbon and Dimensionals

Jodi

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love how you did the black and white thing with the 'pop' of colour - I might have to 'case' that idea!! Thanks for your comment on my card - you have an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are striking together...I also love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Jodi! Wowwwwwwwzers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jodi!!!! Love the kiwi, black, and white combo!!!! Great dp choice, too. Love the whole look. Great card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know yet about the Friday sketch challenges on SCS. Now, I've got a new something to look forward to on Friday! And I like the green and black together. The kiwi kiss is definitely growing on me as the months go by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so obssessed with choco chip, I forget about black and look how great it looks with kiwi, thank you for the reminder! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just DIVINE!! I love the layout and how you added the black brads... Fantastic! I must chase... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very pretty!! I love the colors, papers, layout, images, and row of brads. Ha...I just love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous!! :) Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally gorgeous. Love that dp! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! Kiwi is my fave color, and I love all those big black brads!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!