February 13, 2009

Streeeeetch Yourself!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!!! Here is my project for today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS, LSC207, Stretch Yourself!!

For this challenge, we were to use two or more "things" that are a "stretch" for us...this was hard for me!!! One thing I SO do not normally do is make boxes! I ALWAYS screw up the scoring!! So, I decided to STRETCH myself and make one! I decided to make a Gable Box and I followed this awesome tutorial on SCS right here. This was actually SUPER easy to make!!

Another stretch for me was to NOT pierce...seriously, I had to put my paper piercing tool and template in the other room while I was making this (OK...not really, but you get the idea right??? LOL).

I also used some Silver Cord on this...never used it before! I had to have it and NEVER like it on anything I make! On this, I threaded it through the silver eyelets on either side of my sentiment panel!

I used two new SAB sets on this card, Polka Dot Punches (I stamped the heart in Riding Hood Red all over the box, but I don't think you can tell from the pic!) and Yummy for my sentiment. I then cut that sucker out...that took a little bit of time!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Yummy and Polka Dot Punches
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White & Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Silver Eyelets, Silver Cord, Wide Oval Punch, Crop-A-Dile, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon and Dimensionals

Jodi

3 comments:

  1. For someone who doesn't usually do boxes you did an amazing job Jodi - this box is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!