April 11, 2009

Just Because!!

Hi everyone!! Happy Saturday!

Here is my card for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS, IC175, as well as for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge, TECC63!!

I was so inspired by this Floral Collage Wall Print from the Grandin Road site!! I LOVE the colors of the flowers, so that is what I tried to re-create!!

For my card, I used this GORGEOUS bunch of flowers from the newly released Fresh Flowers set by Taylored Expressions. I stamped the flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice White Cardstock (my absolute FAVORITE paper to color with my Copics!). I colored all the flowers with my Copic Markers, and added some highlights to certain spots with my white gel pen. In real life, this image really POPS!!!

I added piercing all around my image, and for the sentiment, I used "Just Because" from the Branching Out set from Taylored Expressions. I punched it with my 1 3/8 Inch Circle Punch and layered it with black punched from 1 1/2 Inch Circle Punch. I then made 7 ribbon loops of sheer polka dot ribbon from Michaels, and arranged them behind the circle to make it pop!

Both my Real Red and Cool Caribbean panels were run through the Cuttlebug with the Harlequin Texturz Background from SU!

I finished off my card with three black Tiny Twinkles in two opposite corners. I love the little sparkle these add to a card! There is a special going on right now at Taylored Expressions with the Tiny Twinkles! You can click right HERE to check it out...it's an awesome deal!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fresh Flowers and Branching Out by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Real Red, Cool Caribbean, Basic Black and Choice White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: 1 3/8 & 1 1/2 Inch Circle Punches, Paper Piercing Tool and Template, Copic Markers, White Gel Pen, Black Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon from Michaels, Texturz Background - Harlequin by SU!, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles and Dimensionals

Jodi

29 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS, Jodi!! GORGEOUS! I love the ribbons around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card Jodi!!! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's pretty Jodi! It jumps right off the screen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY GORGEOUSNESS Miss Jodi!! I am in LUV!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi,
    I love the colors you used...very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your color combo...eye popping and so dramatic....beautiful image

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The colors are so pretty! The flowers just pop off the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous creation!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME card, Jodi! Your coloring rocks. Love the ribbon around the half circle too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa, Nelly! love the vibrancy of those colors together. the bouquet POPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning, Jodi! I love the colors and the ribbon flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this bunch of flowers - and you've done a sensational job with them - your card is gorgeous as always!! I wish I had half your talent
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely STUNNING Girlfriend! I love how you did the ribbon at the top-awesome! Ok, and you are going to laugh but your word verification on your blog right now is asking me to spell out the word "Conallie". That sounds a lot like Cannoli LOL!!!! I think it "knows" you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Jodi! Your colouring and highlights are awesome! Love the ribbon detail too!

    Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, well, well, look at this prettyness! The colours you chose are perfect. Way to go missy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. k finally saw twilight and now I get your fascination with Edward. Wow best first kiss ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is sooo pretty Jodi! Love your take on the sketch!! Great colors! Hope you and your family have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jodi - this is wonderful! I LOVE the tiny loops of ribbon around the half-circle...so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just wanted to thank you for the lovely WIR card that you made and sent to me. It's just beautiful! I was so excited when I won the entire collection of WIR cards over on Jessica's blog a few weeks ago. It's like getting a little present in the mail every day! I'm also happy that I discovered your fun and creative blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful! Love the colors you chose and the beautiful circle on top!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGosh Jodi, this is gorgeous! I love the bright flower colors. The whole thing just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So gorgeous Jodi!! I love the colors! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Jodi!! So I was all ready to comment on your totally ROCKIN card (LOVE those colors!!) and was scrolling down your long list of comments when I spied...who else...your pic of Edward for the week! YOWZA!!!!! Nice! Thanks for THAT image to start my day! WAHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are no words for how awesome this card is! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just gorgeous!! The ribbon loops around your sentiment is SWEET, and looks like a flower it self... AWESOME!! Smiles... :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW. . .gorgeous! I'm LOVING that polka dot ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!