September 4, 2009

I LOVE Halloween!!

Hi everyone!! Happy Friday!! I LOVE Fridays and I especially LOVE Fridays when I get to share a sneak peek of not one, but TWO new sets from Taylored Expressions being released tomorrow, September 5! These sets ROCK my world...for Halloween and beyond!

Both of my cards today use cardstock, patterned paper, ribbons and buttons ALL from the Halloween Key Ingredients, which is also being released tomorrow! This Key Ingredients is AMAZING! As usual, Taylor has stuffed the KI chock full of FABULOUSNESS! The Halloween KI has Basic Grey Eerie paper, AWESOME colors of Prism Cardstock and embellies galore!!!

For my first card, I used my new favorite TE set, Trick or Sweet II! This set is A-DORABLE to the max level possible!! For my card, I stamped this Cuppie in a frog costume (how ca-ute is he? LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!) in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White Cardstock (this is the neutral cardstock included in the Halloween Key Ingredients!) and colored him with Copic Markers.

I wanted my layout to really showcase the gorgeous Basic Grey pattern, so I went with a square card. I added some ribbon loops, stamped my sentiment., Have a toad-ally awesome Halloween, directly onto my Intense Kiwi panel, and then spelled out KISS with these uber cool Orange Glittered Chipboard Letters! These letters are available in BOTH of the Halloween bundles being released tomorrow (you can see what is included in the bundles below!!).


For my second card, I used another set being released tomorrow called Spooky Expressions! What a COOL set this is to use! I had so much fun making this card!!

I started by stamping the spider webs in Memento Tuxedo Black onto the Wizard Medium Cardstock, and I then went over all the webs with a Spica Clear Glitter Pen for a bit of shimmer.

I stamped the cauldron in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White Cardstock (again, this is the neutral cardstock included in the Halloween KI) and colored it with Copic Markers. I stamped the sentiment and created a tab, and I then stamped the spider in Memento Tangelo for a bit of color on the tag. I did add a touch of StarDust Stickles for a little shine & shimmer!

Can you see the super cool skull button my ribbon is tied through? It is SOOOOO cool and of course, they are included in the Halloween Key Ingredients also!!! WOO HOO!!!

You can see the fabulousness from the rest of the Baker's Dozen ovens right here!!!

Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Donna Baker
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Jackie Pedro
Laura Fredrickson
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
Sharon Harnist

and of course, Taylor VanBruggen!!!

Here are the two AMAZING bundles Taylor is offering! Remember to check back tomorrow for release day peeks and the kick off of the Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash on the Stamp A Sweet Impression Blog! There will be challenges hosted by members of the Bakers Dozen every hour and the prizes are sensational!!





















Card #1 Recipe:
Stamps: Trick or Sweet II by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Intense Orange, Intense Kiwi, Black, Choice Snow White & Eerie by Basic Grey
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Ribbon from the Halloween KI, Orange Glittered Chipboard Letters from Bundle, Paper Piercing Tool and Template and Foam Tape
Card #2 Recipe:
Stamps: Spooky Expressions by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Wizard Medium, Intense Orange, Choice Snow White & Eerie by Basic Grey
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Memento Tangelo
Accessories: Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Ribbon and Button from the Halloween Key Ingredients. Paper Piercing Tool and Template, Spica Clear Glitter Pen, Star Dust Stickles and Foam Tape
Jodi

25 comments:

  1. Love Love LOVE your coloring girl, and how you did the spider next to the sentiment on that tag. Gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally creepy and Toad-ally cute!! Your coloring is to die for, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo ca-ute, Jodi!! These just wouldn't be proper Jodi cards without the stitching and I love how you added it to each card! And I'm chuckling because your Spooky Expressions card basically follows my sketch today...just flipping the sides. Channeling the same wavelength there! GMTA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops... I meant they wouldn't be proper Jodi cards without the piercing!!! Sometimes my fingers have a mind of their own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So full of awesomeness!! Love your piercing =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, girl! These are toad-ally fabulous!! Your coloring is fabuloso!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toadally (sorry, couldn't resist) cute!! Love the frog cuppie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! fabulous layouts, girl! I love 'em!! the purple brew & spider on the sentiment, coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are great Jodi...fabulous job coloring, and those images are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both totally AMAZING and SASSY!!! You have THE most fabulous layouts girl!!! Love everything about both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO much Halloween wonderfulness Jodi!!! YOUR coloring ROCKS!!! SEriously my fave is the way that you colored the cauldron - it looks so real and has the texture of an iron cauldron -- how do you do it??? Beautiful cards and all the wonderful lovely details!!! you rockedit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little froggie is CA-UTE to the max, Jodi -- love him and the chipboard letter use here! And your cauldron card is beautifully colored -- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally cute!! I love the cuppie halloween set!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. SHUT UP! This is fantastic, OMG!!! BOTH of them are amazing but I really love that there are so many frog's b/c it's my son's favorite! SOOOO CUTE! Your card using the TESC this week is STUNNING, omg!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, I would kiss that frog he is so frigin cute! This new set is looking darn good on my visa!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. He,he,he - both cards are tooooo cute!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderfully fun and festive.....love the kiss/frog card

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cute, Jodi! I love all the fun embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this card and your coloring awesome
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've been a busy bee since my last visit Jodi! LOVE all your projects, but that card using the set 'Spooky Expressions' is a little belter!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how adorable! I just LOVE that little frog card, so cute! Awesome coloring. . .you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jodi, these are the most amazing creations! Your design abilities, your colouring and your creativity are showcased beautifully here! Love the "Kiss"...how perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!