October 17, 2009

Thankful For You!!

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday!!

Here is my card for today's Sketch Challenge on The Sweet Stop, SSS26! Today's sketch is also a Sketch With A Spin, and the theme is "Let's Recycle!" How fun!

For my card, I started by printing this DARLING digi image from Sweet N' Sassy Stamps, Thankful For You! onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and I colored her with Copic Markers.

I then cut out the image with Circle Nestabilities, and framed it with Scallop Circle Nestabilities.

I then cut apart my sentiment, as per the sketch, and sponged all of the Buttercream panels with Close to Cocoa Ink and a Sponge. I did sew on each of the panels, including my circle focal point!!

For my recycled element, I recycled the flowers that are on this card! They had been living on another card that I never completed! I simply sponged them to give them an aged look and added buttons to the centers!!

The color combo is Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue and Buttercream and the Brocade Blue DSP is from Patterns Pack II from SU!

You can see what the other Sugar Babies have done with this sketch right here:

Korin Sutherland
Nicole Anderson
Bev Gerard
Holly Brown
Barb Guinan
Ann Clack

We would love for you to play too! Head on over to The Sweet Stop for all the deets and of course, the sketch!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Thankful For You Digi Stamp by Sweet N' Sassy Stamps
Paper: Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Choice Buttercream and Brocade Blue DSP from Patterns Pack II
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sponge, Sewing Machine, Vintage Buttons, Recycled Flowers and Foam Tape

Jodi

17 comments:

  1. oh my Jodi, this is so very sweet, I can't get over your sewing in a circle, it is perfect...WOW...way to go sugar baby..hehehe.

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these pilgrims and haven't used them alot. I just printed out several of them to color the other day! Your card is very inspiring and very sweet! I love it! I have to agree...your sewing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card - great job! TFS Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Jodi, I've always liked blues/yellows together, and you did another awesome job coloring in this image...too cute! Love your flowers and buttons too : )

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours you used!! This is darn cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, Jodi, you rocked this sketch and that sweet image! You are such an amazing artist. I love visiting your blog every day (yep, I'm always here even if I don't comment). By the way, I read about you I think in the TE newsletter and wanted to mention that way back in the earlier years of my career, I was a paralegal specializing in eminent domain (but also real property acquisition for some of the firm's public agency clients), and now I'm the Director of Real Estate Services for UCR. We have something else in common besides a love of stamping, whimsical images, and bright colors! LOL

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sweet Jodes! I love the color combo and layout. Stiching looks great and goes with the overall look of the card. Cute flowers and the buttons centers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, sweet Jodi...what a super adorable card you created!!! That is such a darling little pilgrim girl and what a big, happy smile!!! Your coloring is gorgeous, as always, I love your beautiful sewing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this colorful work! It's so rich with warmth ... and that circle stitching is outstanding!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card for the holiday season...and I love that you recycled the flowers from another card! Love the stitching around the panels and your coloring for the little pilgrim girl is just son wonderfully done....the recipient of this card would indeed be 'grateful'.
    Barbg(WV)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWZA Jodi this looks amazing!! Your coloring is AWESOME...love the stitching, colors, and this layout!!! Fantastic card girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!!! as usual!! hehehe! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jodi this is gorgeous! Your sewing is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodi girl, this is so sweet! I adore the colors you used and how you colored that cute little pilgrim. Such a warm and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! I can't believe you stitched all of that! I have yet to try stitching in circle, yikes! It's a great layout and adorable image and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww.... She is simply darling. Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!