May 10, 2010

A Helping Hand Blog Hop!

Hi Everyone!! Happy Monday!!

I am SO honored to be a part of today's Helping Hand Blog Hop alongside some of my most favorite stampers!

As some of you may know, there has been terrible flooding in Nashville TN, just a short 9 miles away from where our sweet friend Jessica lives.

There hasn't been much media coverage about this terrible tragedy, and you can see a video about the damage and the people affected by this right HERE on Jessica's Blog.

The set we are all sharing today is a digital set called "A Helping Hand" , designed by Jen Shults, owner/illustrator of Wildflower Patch Kids digital Stamps, and Betty Roberts of Simply Betty, a new stamp line debuting June 1st. The set will retail for $15 and 100% of the proceeds are being donated to the Nashville area Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Set will go on sale Monday at the Wildflower Patch Kids store.

For my card, I printed this darling image onto Neenah Solar Crest White and colored him with Copic Markers. I added some Moonlight Smooch to his shovel, as well as to the hammer hanging from his toolbelt. I cut him out with Rectangle Nestabilities and sponged the edges with Memento Canteloupe & Memento Tangelo.

I kept my layout simple, and I embossed my Kraft panel with the Herringbone Embossing Folder. The patterned paper is from Lil' Man by Cosmo Cricket, and the fun screw brads are available from Taylored Expressions, as is the aluminum squares I used as part of a mat behind my image as well as the border of my patterned paper.

The sentiment, "Thanks for Caring", is also from A Helping Hand, and I cut it out and layered it with Oval Nestabilities. I added a bit of color with a Copic Marker and sponged this as well.

Check out what these amazing stampers have done with this set right here:

Jessica Diedrich
Cindy Haffner
Pam Varnell
Joanne Basile
Jackie Pedro
Amy Sheffer
Jen Shults
WPK blog

Won't you consider purchasing this DARLING set? Not only are they awesome images, you will be helping people who so desperately need it!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: A Helping Hand from Wildflower Patch Kids
Paper: Crabapple Dark, Kraft, Neenah Solar Crest White & Lil' Man by Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Canteloupe & Memento Tangelo
Accessories: Aluminum Squares, Screw Brads, Rectangle Nestabilities, Oval Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Sponges, Herringbone Embossing Folder, Paper Piercing Tool and Template and Foam Tape

Jodi

13 comments:

  1. I am so honored that you were willing to help and not only that but make a REALLY stinkin' cute card!!! I LOVE it. Thank you so much, Jod's! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutly adore this card!! Your colouring is amazing!
    Kristy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls have done an amazing job showcasing this set for such a great cause, Jodi! Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I am sure you get this alot, but you really got talent girl! You give good stamp! Have a great day! I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Jodi this is fabulous!!! This card is amazing... there are so many little details.. the screws and the aluminum!!! And I have no idea what Moonlight Smooch is but that's a great name, lol. :D You are seriously my card layout idol... they are always just perfection. Thank you so much for helping out with this! You ROCK!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! Love all your manly additions ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Jodi! Love the aluminum and the screw brads - perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! Those brads are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Jodi, they are realllly cute digi's! Your card is awesome and I love the philips head brads you added!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, and for a great cause too!! Perfect coloring as well, Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhhh, this is so darn sweet Jodi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable set....your image is colored to perfection and he just made me smile

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!