June 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Taylor!!


** PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR
MY SFYTT POST **

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday!!! Today is a VERY special day...it's Taylor's Birthday! Woo Hoo!!!

Quite a few of us have gotten together to celebrate Taylor's Birthday with a Birthday Blog Hop!

For my card for my sweet friend Taylor, I began with her Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge from yesterday, TESC117!

When creating a card for Taylor, I just KNEW it had to have a cupcake! Taylor is the cupcake Queen!!! For my card, I used one of my favorite Taylored Expressions sets, For The Love Of Cupcakes!!

I stamped the stand and cupcake in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock. I then stamped the cupcake again on Choice Buttercream, and then a third time on some Fly A Kite paper from October Afternoon. I colored all of the images with Copic Markers, paper pieced the cupcake liner with the patterned paper, cut it out and popped it up on Foam Tape. I added some Adirondeck Espresso Pearls to the top of the cupcake...YUMMY!

All of the patterned paper on my card is from Fly A Kite by October Afternoon, and I sewed each layer on my sewing machine. I created the scallop border on the bottom with the Apron Lace Punch by Fiskars.

The sentiment, "Wishing you a birthday filled with cupcakes!" is also from For The Love Of Cupcakes, and I just created a little tab for it as per the sketch!

Check out what the rest of the gals have done for Taylor's Birthday here!

Alex Maldonado
Alice Wertz
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jenn Balcer
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Lisa Hjulberg
Lori Craig
Melissa Sauls
Monika Davis
Nancy McKinney
Rachel Sztonyk
Sandra MacLean
Sankari Wegman
Sharon Harnist
Sherrie Siemans

Make sure to head on over to Taylor's Blog and leave her some Birthday love!!

Taylor, Happy Birthday my friend!!! Thank you for all that you do and having me be a part of the FANTASTIC journey of Taylored Expressions! And, of course, wishing you a day filled with cupcakes!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Recipe:
Stamps: For The Love of Cupcakes by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Suede Brown Dark, Choice Buttercream & Fly A Kite by October Afternoon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Adirondeck Espresso Pearls, Sewing Machine, Apron Lace Punch and Foam Tape

Jodi

16 comments:

  1. YUMMO!!!!!!! Love the chocolate icing!!!!!!!!!!! Everything about this card is DE-lish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...and that golden vanilla cupcake under all of the scruptious icing. Is that Betty Croker? Love it, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant Betty Crocker...croker would be my cupcakes from scratch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Fantastic colors, great layout, and love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond sweet! You have such a way with combining patterns - so perfect! And I love all that stitching detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Nancy!! Jodi, this is super cute! Love that cupcake - do DELISH!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable card Jodi! Love all the stitching and the cupcake is beyond YUMMYYY!! I'm sure Taylor will adore it and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card Jodi! Love the image you used... the paper... perfect stitches as usual! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling card! Love the little table that cupcake sits on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sweet!! super yummy card!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE this card!! It's fabulous!! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card. Love the cupcakes.Truly inspirational

    Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  13. ADORABLE, Jodi! Look at that giant cupcake on the table. . .who wouldn't love to dig into that!? LOL Taylor will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh, this is just absolutely gorgeous!! Yummyliscious cupcake indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!