March 2, 2011

Keep The Wind In Your Sails!

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!!

I LOVE the all sketch format for MFT's Wednesday Challenges...don't you? There is another fabulous sketch on board for today, MFTWSC9!



Seriously...how AWESOME is this sketch? I do love to create with circles, so I had LOTS of fun with this one (oh, who am I kidding? I always have fun with my MFT stamps!).

This sweet little Smooth Sailing Flopsey stole my heart when he was released last month, and I couldn't wait to use him again! I thought he would be perfect for this sketch!

I stamped him in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X Press It Blending Card (have you tried this paper with your Copics yet? Delish!) and paper pieced the sails with some Little Boy paper from Echo Park Papers.

I added some puffy clouds using the Die-Namics Flat Bottom Cloud Die and some My Favorite Felt (currently being restocked in this color). The waves were created with the Die-Namics Catch A Wave Die and I alternated the direction of the waves for more interest.

I added a little sentiment flag which reads "Feeling Blue" and then added lots of machine stitching.



For the inside of my card, I added yet another sentiment from this set, "Keep the wind in your sails", some more of the same Little Boy paper and another border created with the Die-Namics Catch A Wave Die.



Here are the Die-Namics I've used on my card today:





Please head on over to Kim's Blog for a listing of all the gals that have created with today's sketch!

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Keep the wind in your sails!

Recipe:
Stamps: Smooth Sailing Flopsey from My Favorite Things
Paper: Choice Snow White (TE), X Press It Blending Card, Enchanted Evening (PTI), Orange Zest (PTI) and Little Boy (Echo Park Papers)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, My Favorite Felt, Orange Zest Saddle Stitch Ribbon, Bow Easy, Die-Namics Flat Bottom Cloud Die, Die-Namics Catch A Wave Die, Sewing Machine and Foam Tape

Jodi

12 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the felt clouds and the waves! Awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I want this stamp, die AND papers now! Totally great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors you used, and the paper on the sails is great. Love this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn girl you can stamp! This is wicked, I love the colours you used! Great card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome, Jodi! Love your Flopsey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So cute and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute - love the colours and the felt clouds and waves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, hos absolutely adorable! I love the bright, happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally ADORABLE!!!!! Love the waves!! Love the clouds!!! Love the paper pieced sails!!! It's all perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Jodi! Love this color combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!