March 31, 2011

Markers Down!

Hi everyone! Happy Thursday! Here is a card I created for this week's challenge on the There She Goes Blog, TSG100 - Markers Down!


This challenge is brought to us by the fabulous Kim, our Trendsetter of the Week. You all know how much I ADORE my Copics...so you can imagine my dismay when I saw what Kim had in store for this week. Well, I put on my big girl panties (lol) and pulled out my much neglected SU! inks and an Aquapainter and got to work.



I've long wanted to create a white on white card, and I thought this challenge was the perfect opportunity to do just that. I stamped the gorgeous sweet pea image from Sweet Pea (Currently on sale for just $5.95!!) from There She Goes in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Neenah Classic White and watercolored it with my inks and Aquapainter. I then cut out and embossed the panel with Petite Oval Nestabilities.


I embossed another panel of Neenah Classic White with the Textile Embossing Folder and then matted it with yet another white panel. All of the layers were then popped up with foam tape on a white card base. Super dimensional but super simple. After attaching the focal panel, again with foam tape, I added five of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles to either side of the panel. I love the simple elegance, with a pop of sparkle, these lend to any project.


We would LOVE for you to play along with us!! To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card that utilizes no markers, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of the challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (Apr 3rd). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!


By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the look out to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities.


TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :) You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG100 so we can check out your beautiful work!


Thanks SO much for stopping by!!


Recipe: Stamps: Sweet Pea from There She Goes Paper: Neenah Classic White Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sage Shadow (SU!), Pretty In Pink (SU!), Purely Pomegranate (SU!) and Rich Razzleberry (SU!) Accessories: Petite Oval Nestabilities, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, Textile Embossing Folder and Foam Tape


Jodi

17 comments:

  1. SAY WHAT?!? No markers?!?!? LOL! well, you did beautifully anyway.. what a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...we crack me up...seriously, run to my blog dear heart....

    This is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! loooove this, so rich and elegant. and now I must run to Jessie's blog to see what she did....

    ReplyDelete
  4. THUD. This is gorgeous, Jodi. LOVE the CAS layout with just oodles of sophistication. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love that beautifully coloured image and all that WHITE! Stunning card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant and stunning! I LOVE that embossing folder and I forget how beautiful white on white looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweetie!! WOW!! This is totally gorgeous!! LOVE the embossing and wonderful CAS style!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Jodi.....I left you something on my blog....it is an award. ;-)

    http://createdbyann.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    I hope you like it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful white on white card! This is one of my favorite techniques! Your card ROCKS! SO PRETTY!!
    Hugs
    Jodi=)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So BEAUTIFUL and ELEGANT, Jodi! You truly can color with anything! LOVE all of the white layers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the white on white look. Very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  12. STUNNING my friend!!! The image really pops with all that white, and I think you should water colour more often...it's gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, Jodi, your white on white card is sooo gorgeous, and who needs copics when you can watercolor like that...WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!