July 24, 2012

Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge!

Pin It


Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!

I am SO excited about today and the brand new challenge from Taylored Expressions!

Taylored Expressions is introducing a new monthly challenge for the design team:  The Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge.  This will be an opportunity for us to share what makes our stamping studios hum.  Each month we will have a fun, crafty question so we can share our favorites, some tips and tricks, stamping advice and more.

The question for July is:
You are stranded on a desert island. The good news is that you find a fabulous stamping hut well-stocked with papers, inks and other stamping supplies, however you only have the 5 stamp sets you brought with you in the luggage you managed to salvage. So tell us, what stamps sets did you bring and why?

How FUN!!!  I have to say....going through my Taylored Expressions collection (and I think I have each and every set), it was really hard to choose my 5 favorite stamp sets!   After I narrowed it down to my five favorite sets, I chose just one to create a card for today...and the winner is the FABULOUS Fangtastic set!  Halloween is my most favorite stampy holiday and this set is hands down, my most favorite!  I LOVE this little vampire (perhaps because of my Edward addiction??) and it's SO fun to color!

For my card today, I started with the current Sketch Challenge on SCS, SC394.  All of the patterned paper is Too Cute To Spook from Bella Boulevard.  I cut the Kraft doily using the Layering Doily Large Taylored Die and the circles were cut with Circle Nestabilities.  I added a circle of rhinestones that I colored orange with a Copic Marker.

For the focal panel, I stamped the vampire in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White Cardstock and I colored him with Copic Markers.  I added some shimmer to his cape with a Spica Glitter Pen.  I cut him out and layered him using Square Nestabilities, and I went with a layer of Choice Snow White...I am loving the look of layering with the same paper I used for the focal image panel.  I added two Orange Goosebumps on the top corner for more bling.


Here is a closeup of this cutie.  I just LOVE him!  He is popped up with Foam Tape for dimension.


Since I had no place for a sentiment on the front, I added a panel on the inside.  I stamped him again, this time in Ginger Fresh Ink, along with the sentiment, "Have A Fangtastic Halloween".


Here are the Copic Markers I've used on my card:


Here is the Taylored Die I've used on my card:




Here are the five sets I'd have in my luggage, in alphabetical order:

Discover Your Wings.  I think a classic silhouette set is a must have when stranded on a Island.


Fangtastic.  Halloween.  Awesome images to color.  Need I say more?


Friendship Blooms.  If you ever want to make a quick and easy card with big impact, this is the set to use.  Paired with the Friendship Blooms Taylored Dies and viola, a gorgeous card!


Green Acres.  I am a sucker for all of the sets in the Apple Doodle Ink line, and the images and sentiments in this set just make me smile.  They are SUPER fun to color too!


Last, but certainly not least, Sweet Friends You know I HAD to have a Cuppie set in my top five right?  I LOVE the expressions on all of these treats, and this is a fun set to mask and create a group of sweets too.


Here are two projects I created with Fangtastic.  SO fun!!


Check out what the Baker's Dozen have created for this challenge today here!
 Thanks SO much for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps:  Fangtastic from Taylored Expressions
Paper:  Kraft (MFT), Choice Snow White (TE) and Too Cute To Spook (Bella Boulevard)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Ginger (Fresh Ink)
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Layering Doily Large Taylored Die, Circle Nestabilities, Square Nestabilities, Orange Goosebumps, Rhinestone Circle, Ribbon, Bow Easy and Foam Tape

Jodi

13 comments:

  1. OMG, that set is adorable and your cards are amazing!!! So love them!!! They are "Fangtastic"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! I love your fangtastic card! So cute!! The little goosebumps add so much punch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling Halloween card!! That is a set I don't own, I made need it! Fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you chose Halloween! Another fangtastic card girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so cute Jodi! You always rock a layout... I love the fence stamped on the purple! Gorgeous work hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and fun! Love your assortment of darling halloween cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting to see the sets you would choose. Love these cards, all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh! Super CUTE Jodi! 8-) Love your Darling Fangtastic Card! Halloween cards are a favorite of mine to create too! lol Love the great sets you chose as well 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness, how sweet is your card?!?! It's absolutely adorable! Love all the cards too, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so cute, Jodi! I just LOVE your Fangtastic cards!! I loved reading about all of your fave sets too! You make me want to get them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really cute ! love this taylored set...Dracula is fangtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These halloween projects are too cute! I love this holiday, but I think I have to have that green acres stamp set. Those animals are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I love your little vampires!! Hee hee. Made me smile. That is a great set and you are awesome! Such a fun challenge! You have me starting to think about Halloween...and I'm sure next week at Target all the stuff will be out. Sigh. The year is flying by.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!