April 6, 2013

I Wheelie Like You (And A Mini Tutorial)!

Hi everyone!! Happy Saturday!!

I am back with another peek today at a DARLING new set being released on Tuesday night at 10PM from MFT, Pure Innocence I Wheelie Like You!   Isn't she a cutie?  I just love her!  I wanted to create a scene with her, so I have a little tutorial to share with you today to show you how I created the cloudy sky!


I started by stamping Pure Innocence I Wheelie Like You onto X Press It Blending Card and cut out the panel with the Blueprints 1 Die-Namics.  I then stamped her again onto post it notes and then cut out the image to create a mask.


Here is what I used to create the clouds...a piece of cardstock (I used Steel Grey as it was already out on my desk) cut with the Wonky Scallop Border Die-Namics, Sno Cone MFT Ink, and a sponge applicator.


Using the Wonky Scallop Border cutout as a stencil, I sponged on Sno Cone ink, making sure to move the cutout each time I went down so that the clouds didn't all look uniform.


Here she is with the mask removed...a perfect cloudy background for her bike ride!


I wanted to add some texture to her "jeans" so I started by just coloring them, and then, using a scrap piece of twill tape, I soaked it with some Colorless Blender and pressed it onto her jeans.  You'll want to do this BEFORE you color any other part of your image, as it will mess up the rest of your coloring.


Here she is again, all finished!  I used one of the sketches provided on the MFT Blog for use with the FABULOUS new Blueprints 2 Die-Namics, as a starting point for my card.  I did use clouds, cut with the Cloud Trio Die-Namics, to add to my scene, and I also added a border on my Gumdrop Green panel cut with the Grassy Edges Die-Namics.


Here is a closeup of this cutie.  She may be my new favorite PI...although, it's pretty hard to choose just one favorite (smile).  I added freckles for the first time...I think I kinda like the look of them!


Here is a closeup of the Kraft panel cut with one of the dies in the Blueprints 2 Die-Namics (swoon...love these!) and I wove Wild Cherry Ribbon and Hemp Cord through the panel, topping it off with a Sno Cone Button.


On the inside I kept it super simple with a Sno Cone panel, layered with a Sweet Tooth panel, and stamped "I Wheelie Like You" in Black Licorice Ink. 

Just want to mention, for the main base layers and matting, I've used both the Blueprints 1 Die-Namics and Blueprints 2 Die-Namics.  I simply ADORE how perfectly they layer.  It's swoon-worthy!


Here are the MFT products I've used on this card:



Just to make you smile, I am normally a super neat stamper.  I always color my image, put my markers away.  Cut all my panels, put my Die-Namics away.  Clean up my entire desk before attaching all my layers and putting the final touches on.  With today's card, I was SO in the groove of creating my scene, that I created a big old mess while I was at it.  

Please head on over to the MFT Blog for all the details on the new release, details on the AMAZING HUGE prizes up for grabs, and for a listing of the designers being featured today!

 
Thanks SO much for stopping by!

 Recipe:
Stamps:  Pure Innocence I Wheelie Like You from My Favorite Things
Paper: Kraft, Sno Cone, Gumdrop Green, Sweet Tooth (all MFT) and X Press It Blending Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Black Licorice and Sno Cone (MFT)
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Blueprints 1 Die-Namics, Blueprints 2 Die-Namics, Grassy Edges Die-Namics, Cloud Trio Die-Namics,  Hemp Cord, Sno Cone Button, Wild Cherry Grosgrain Ribbon and Jody Boosters

Jodi
 Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Super cute Jodi and great "tutes" :) Thanks for sharing the cute-patootie card and showing off your "mess" ;) Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Jodi! I love the freckles, my little girl has lots and she always likes me to make the cards look like her.
    Thanks so much for the tutorial too.
    But I've just had to laugh at your so-called "mess". My desk looks like that all the time. No way is that messy. I can't believe you're such a neat stamper! I would find that impossible!
    Thanks for sharing it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEK Pure Innocence with a BIKE!! Love your adorable card, and love this stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, she is a cutie for sure!! LOVE THE FRECKLES!! Thanks for sharing your steps, that was great!! Your table looks so clean, I can't even see my table when I get done!! Another adorable masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's another cutie pie!!! Sweet card, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Jodi!! Your clouds are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, she is just darling! And what an adorable sentiment too. This one turned out way cool Jodi, am really digging those clouds and your woven ribbon at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's entirely possible that my work area looks WORSE than that right now, Jodi! :)

    Adorable card! LOVE the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jodi, Your work is always stunning, but I think you may have even outdone yourself! This little cutie is amazing! Love every detail!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOL at your "working space" photo - that's the sign of a great card :)
    I loved your card and the tutorial is super helpful because I always forgot to add clouds to a scene and I keep meaning to try that colourless blender to add texture to the little PI pants, so thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card! I love these PI girls, and I have a hard time choosing a favorite one too! Great tutorial! I love your desk photo! Mine looks like that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally adorable! I must try those clouds! (And my desk *always* looks like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome tutorial and fun way to make clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saw Michelle's post on scene bldg and found this link. GREAT use of die cut to make your awesome cloud border. That die is on my list for sure. I ADORE your darling card, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your messy desk! I am afraid mine looks like that whenever I stamp! Thanks for the fabulous tutorial! I love the wonky clouds!!!! I have that die! Can't wait to use it next time I want to make clouds! Terrific tip on the jeans too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!