February 2, 2014

Thinking Of You {SSSC205}!

Hi everyone! Happy Sunday!

It's time for a new Sweet Sunday Sketch!  This week, we are up to SSSC205!  I recently took the Online Card Classes: Stenciled class, which was fabulous, and I was inspired to add some detail with a stencil on my card this week.


I started with a piece of Smooth White Cardstock and I used the gorgeous Scallops Stencil.  I placed it on top of my Smooth White panel, making sure to tape it down, and I started added ink with sponge daubers using an ombre effect.  I used Blu Raspberry, Berrylicious and Sno Cone Ink, starting with the darker color on the bottom.  Before removing the stencil, I lightly sprayed the panel with Mix-Ables Sheer Shimmer Mist.  It is SO pretty in real life!  In this picture, you can also see the little flag I added, as per the sketch, which I cut with the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-Namics.


I used the stenciled panel for the main panel and I added a small piece of silver glitter paper for the small horizontal panel.  Using vellum, I cut a butterfly using the gorgeous Fancy Butterflies Die-Namics.  I added some rhinestones and enamel dots to add a bit of pop.


On the inside, I added more Smooth White panels, and stamped "Thinking Of You" from Grand Peaceful Wildflowers, using Black Licorice Ink.


Here are the MFT products I've used on my card:

Here is this week's sketch!



 Check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Stampers have created with this week's sketch here:

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Grand Peaceful Wildflowers (MFT)
Ink: Black Licorice, Blu Raspberry, Berrylicious and Sno Cone (MFT)
Paper: Smooth White (MFT)
Accessories: Fancy Butterflies Die-Namics, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-Namics, Scallops Stencil, Mix-Ables Sheer Shimmer Mist (MFT), Rhinestones, Enamel Dots and Jody Boosters


Jodi
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I just love the ombré effect and all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Jodi!!! I love the ombre, I love the shimmer, I love that butterfly, I love it ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jodi, this is jaw dropping gorgeous! Love the hombre affect and this beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THUD......this is gorgeous my sweet friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful card Jodi! I love the softness of the pattern and the pretty butterfly looking as if it just lit there! As always your layers are wonderful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you girls and all your stencil work....I need to get mine out! this is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love those soft colors with shimmer, and the vellum butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Jodi! Your stenciled look with the shimmer mist is fantastic and inspiring and I love the white butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!