August 26, 2014

August MFT Creative Challenge – Water Coloring!

Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

It’s time for the August MFT Creative Challenge!  This month we are exploring the wonderful world of water coloring!  I had SO much fun creating my cards today, and I have two cards to share with you.

CC Hello Friend

My first card features water coloring and emboss resist!  SO fun!  I started with a piece of water color paper and cut it with Blueprints 1 Die-namics.  I then stamped seven different triangles from Trendy Triangles using Versamark ink and then embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Once that cooled I got to work with the water colors!  I used water color pencils and had a separate piece of water color paper that I used for a palette.  I chose three colors, pink, orange and yellow, and scribbled a bit of each color onto my palette.  I then grabbed my aquapainter and picked up a bit of color once I added some water.  I started on the bottom with the pink and then worked up to orange, then yellow.  Once the water coloring was dry, I wiped off the excess and viola!  The triangles appeared!  LOVE.

CC Hello Friend Closeup

The sentiment is from Fall Foliage and I stamped it with Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.

CC Hello Friend Closeup 2 

On the inside, I cut another piece of water color paper with Blueprints 1 Die-namics.  I then water colored the same colors as I used on the front.  I stamped another sentiment from Fall Foliage using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.

CC Hello Friend Inside

My second card uses water color pencils in a bit of a different manner.

CC Hello

I started by cutting a piece of water color paper with Blueprints 11 Die-namics.  I added a mat of Smooth White Card Stock using Blueprints 1 Die-namics.  I chose three colors of water color pencils, blue, green and yellow.  I colored directly onto the water color paper with the pencils, and then added water with my aquapainter.  I kept blending until I achieved the look I was after.  I stamped three different flowers from Grand Peaceful Wildflowers using Versamark ink and then embossed the flowers with black embossing powder.

CC Hello Closeup

The sentiment was stamped onto a Kraft Card Stock panel cut with the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics  I anchored it to the card with a Blu Raspberry Button tied with Hemp Cord.

CC Hello Closeup 2

On the inside I again used water color paper cut with Blueprints 11 Die-namics and added a mat of Smooth White Card Stock cut with Blueprints 1 Die-namics.  I added more water coloring on the side, and stamped another sentiment from Grand Peaceful Wildflowers using Versamark ink and then embossed with black embossing powder.

CC Hello Inside

MFT Supplies

Please head on over to the MFT Blog for a listing of all the designers participating in today’s Creative Challenge!

Print

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

signature

Hello Friend Recipe: Stamps: Trendy Triangles and Fall Foliage (MFT) Ink: Black Licorice Hybrid Ink (MFT) and Versamark Paper: Smooth White (MFT) and Water Color Paper Accessories: Blueprints 1 Die-namics, Blueprints 11 Die-namics (MFT), Water Color Pencils and Jody Boosters

Hello Recipe: Stamps: Grand Peaceful Wildflowers (MFT) Ink: Black Licorice Hybrid Ink (MFT) and Versamark Paper: Kraft Card Stock, Smooth White Card Stock (MFT) and Water Color Paper Accessories: Blueprints 1 Die-namics, Blueprints 11 Die-namics, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics, Blu Raspberry Button, Hemp Cord (MFT), Water Color Pencils and Jody Boosters

1 comment:

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!