April 5, 2015

Have a Delicious (Shopkins) Birthday! {SSSC263}

Hi everyone!  Happy Sunday!

It’s time for a new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  This week, we are up to SSSC263!  This sketch was PERFECT for what I had in mind…a Shopkins inspired birthday card for my oldest!

Print 

Are you familiar with Shopkins?  If so, you understand the obsession that has taken over my house.  If you are not familiar, consider yourself lucky (smile).  This card was inspired by “Wishes”, the birthday cake Shopkin seen here.

shopkins-ultra-rare-1-085-wishes-new-15

I wanted to try and re-create her, and thanks to the Bring On The Cake Die-namics, I think I was pretty successful!  I started by cutting two layers of “cake” using Ripe Raspberry Prestige Card Stock.  I chose the same size cake layer die from Bring On The Cake Die-namics to layer them on top of one another.  I cut the smallest cake layer for the very bottom.  Using the medium cake layer die again, I cut a panel of Smooth White Card Stock and then trimmed it down to be the band between the layers.  The icing was cut from Cotton Candy Card Stock, and the candles were cut from Lemon Chiffon Prestige Card Stock and Daffodil Prestige Card Stock.  It’s super hard to tell in the picture, but before attaching the white “band”, I embossed it with the All Lined Up Stencil and the Embossing Pad Duo

I used two candle flames cut from Ripe Raspberry Prestige Card Stock for her “hands”, and for the yes, I cut two circles of Black Licorice Card Stock using Circle STAX 1 Die-namics, and then trimmed them down by cutting them again with the Circle STAX 1 Die-namics, just moving the die down a bit.  I then cut two little scraps of Black Licorice Card Stock and added them to the eyes.  The little mouth was cut from Cotton Candy Card Stock cut with Bring On The Cake Die-namics (the scallop icing die) and trimmed it down.  Once I had “Wishes” put together, I coated her with glue from my Essential Glue Pad and then coated her with Glitter.  I put her aside to dry.  When she was dry, I popped her up with Jody Boosters onto a panel of Smooth White Card Stock cut with the Stitched Square STAX Die-namics.

Print

The main panel of Kraft Card Stock was cut with Blueprints 14 Die-namics, and I added a mat of Smooth White Card Stock using Blueprints 3 Die-namics.  The Lemon Chiffon Prestige Card Stock panel was cut with the Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-namics and stamped with the Swiss Dots Background using Lemon Chiffon Premium Dye Ink.  The Cotton Candy Card Stock panel was cut with the Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-namics and stamped with the Diagonal Stripes Background using Cotton Candy Premium Dye Ink.  I added some Hemp Cord and a Razzle Berry Button to finish off the front.

Print

On the inside, I cut another panel of Kraft Card Stock cut with Blueprints 14 Die-namics, and added a mat of Smooth White Card Stock cut with Blueprints 3 Die-namics.  I then cut another panel of Cotton Candy Card Stock cut with the Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-namics stamped first with the Diagonal Striped Background using Cotton Candy Premium Dye Ink, and then with a sentiment from LLD Delicious Birthday using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

Print

MFT Supplies

263

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge Blog to check out what the rest of the team has created, and to play along!

BLOGSIGNATURE

Recipe: Stamps: LLD Delicious Birthday, Swiss Dots Background and Diagonal Striped Background (MFT) Ink: Cotton Candy Premium Dye Ink, Lemon Chiffon Premium Dye Ink and Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink (MFT) Paper: Black Licorice Card Stock, Kraft Card Stock, Cotton Candy Card Stock, Ripe Raspberry Prestige Card Stock, Lemon Chiffon Prestige Card Stock and Smooth White Card Stock (MFT) Accessories: Blueprints 3 Die-namics, Blueprints 14 Die-namics, Stitched Square STAX Die-namics, LLD Bring On The Cake Die-namics, Circle STAX 1 Die-namics, Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-namics, Razzle Berry Button, Hemp Cord (MFT) Glitter, Glue Pad and Jody Boosters

14 comments:

  1. Super sweet Jodi!! It is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally NAILED it, my friend!! Perfection, just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty safe to say you nailed this girl! W*O*W! And yes I totally understand all about Shopkins. They have also invaded our house. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun sparkle on your cake and candles! Cute Card

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love all the sparkle. I bet it was--or will be--a big hit with Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of glitter did you use and what color? Did you use one color on all of Wishes or deifferent colors? Thank you! this is just a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this nice article please also read my website article for How to Create Unlimited Facebook Accounts without OTP verification...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!! thanku share information.....
    Dolby Atoms apk Without root

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Interesting and wonderful information keep sharing this post kindly check
    windows displays black screen

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best things which you’ll get from TweakBox store are all the Mod and tweaked versions of apps and games. Most of the best things which are about the security of the Tweak Box app.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!