November 18, 2015

Thank You! {CTD369}

Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge, and this week, Tammy has challenged us to use rusty orange, warm burgundy and pear-like green!  What a gorgeous color combo!

Print

I recently bought a set of Earth Tones Color Burst Watercolor Powders (you can get these now @ MFT) and I thought this color combo was perfect to try them out!  They are SO.MUCH.FUN.  I started with a panel of Ranger Watercolor Paper cut with Blueprints 13 Die-namics, and I tapped out a bit of Burnt Orange and Merlot powders.  I then spritzed the card stock with a Mini Mister of water and voila, a gorgeous background!  I used my heat embossing tool to dry the panel, since I have absolutely NO patience to wait for anything to dry (grin).

I cut out a trio of leaves using the Wild Greenery Die-namics from Olive Card Stock, Factory Green Card Stock and Fuse Green Card Stock.  I arranged the trio of leaves onto the card and then added a loose circle of gold thread.  The sentiment, “THANK YOU” was cut using the Label Tape Die-namics and stamped using Label Maker Sentiments with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

Print 

MFT Supplies

 

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Joan Ervin

Lori Tecler

Monika Davis

Tammy Hershberger

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Karolyn Loncon, this month’s AMAZING Guest Designer!

Annie Rosensteil, this week’s Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

 

BLOGSIGNATURE

9 comments:

  1. What a fun pretty card. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the greenery! I popped over to check out these dies and bummer, sold out. I sure hope they get more of these in! -- Great card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. The color combo really works. I'm very intrigued by the Color Burst. You did a great job with them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the color burst BG and the sweet collage of greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous design, Jodi! That background is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the watercolor powders!! This is a beautiful car Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you LOVE the Color Bursts?! I do and I love how you used them on your CTD card! It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...the background you created for those pretty leaves is simply stunning...fabulous design, Jodi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!