March 30, 2016

Thank You For Loving Me Even When I’m Prickly! {CTD386}

Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!

It’s time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge, and this week, Lisa has challenged us to use lime green, teal and white!  LOVE this color combination!!

Print

Aside from loving this color combo, I LOVE the Sweet Succulents set and Sweet Succulents Die-namics!  LOVE!  For my card, I started with the background.  I cut a panel of Smooth White Card Stock using Blueprints 1 Die-namics and I added a mat using Blueprints 2 Die-namics.  I used the On The Diagonal Stencil and lightly sponged Berrylicious Premium Dye Ink, taking care to not sponge the entire panel.

I cut a panel of Black Licorice Prestige Card Stock using Blueprints 1 Die-namics and trimmed it down.  I used one of the stamps in Sweet Succulents and repeatedly stamped it using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink.  I then accented it with a strip of Sour Apple Card Stock.

I cut a panel of Berrylicious Card Stock using the Zig Zag Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, and then added the cacti and pot, cut from X-Press It Blending Card using Sweet Succulents Die-namics and then stamped them using Sweet Succulents with Black Licorice Hybrid Ink and colored them with Copic Markers.  I popped them up with Jody Boosters and then added a strip of Sweet Tooth Card Stock with the sentiment, “Thank You For Loving Me Even When I’m Prickly” using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.  I finished off the card with an enamel dot/rhinestone trio.

Print

cupsupplies

 

Check out what the Color Throwdown Team has created today!

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Joan Ervin

Lisa Henke

Lori Tecler

Lynn Put

Vickie Zimmer

Wanda Cullen

Amy Rysavy

Leslie Miller, this month’s AMAZING Guest Designer!

Jen, this week’s Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

cupsignature

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe...that sentiment totally makes me smile! I needed that one with the way I was feeling at work the other day - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome design, my friend! Love that you used the cactus for the green and that black strip just makes the rest of it pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!