May 29, 2019

Thank You for Loving Me, Even When I'm Prickly! {CTD545}

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!


It's time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge, and this week, I am the hostess! I've chosen the gorgeous combination of raspberry, lavender, green and kraft! LOVE!


This is the first card I have created in 4 weeks! My grandmother was ill in the hospital for two weeks, and I spent all of my free time there. Then, the day after Mother's Day, she passed away, so for the past two weeks I have not been myself. We had a weekend away for Memorial Day, and I am hoping that my mojo and I can get back to stamping.


I LOVE the gorgeous succulents in the inspiration picture, and pulled out the fabulous Sweet Succulents set from My Favorite Things. I cut a panel of watercolor paper using the A2 Rectangle STAX 2 Die-namics, and then stamped different succulents using Versamark Ink. I heat embossed them with white embossing powder and then VERY loosely watercolored them using Distress Inks. I wanted a messy, free look and I am super happy with how they came out! I cut a strip of Ripe Raspberry Prestige Card Stock, and using Sweet Succulents, stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink. I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder, and then finished off the card with a trio of rhinestones.




Check out what the rest of the team has created!

Cecile Ribon - our FAB MayGuest Designer!
Evelyn Spikes - this week's Guest Star Stamper!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this, Jodi! And again, I'm so sorry about your Grandmother's passing. I know you have wonderful memories of her in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your card and I think the loose watercolor worked super great!
    Sorry to read about your Grandma; currently I am in charge of my 90 yr old cousin who has dementia. Old age is tough on the old and their loved ones.
    Best wishes and enjoy your happy Grandma memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!