November 18, 2008

Well...this is different...


Different than I pictured for sure!!! Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday! Here is my card for today's Color Challenge on SCS, CC193, Real Red, Basic Black and the lovely Kraft (Emily converted me!!!).

So, I decided to go with Home For Christmas for this card, and had the idea to white emboss the image and just color the bow for a pop. I am not sure if I am loving the end result, but I love this set, so it's stays!! The paper is DSP from Patterns Pack, the Level 1 Hostess Set (LOVE that SU! gives this option now!!).

Of course, I added some piercing, and a knotted ribbon!! LOL!! I ran out of black brads (again!!!), so I colored some of my Vintage Brads with a black sharpie.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Home For Christmas
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Kraft & Real Red DSP from Patterns Pack
Ink: Versamark & Basic Black
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Vintage Brads, Sharpie Marker, Real Red SU! Marker, Paper Piercing Tool & Template, Red Gingham Ribbon & Dimensionals


Jodi

7 comments:

  1. I really like this card. I have the same stamp and never thought of inking it with white. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the layout and papers Jodi! I was just recently converted to kraft also. How did I go so many years without it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's very unique. The red and kraft look fantastic together. Bravo!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Jodi!! This is just GORGEOUS! I love the white embossing, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How elegant stamped in white!! Love it on the kraft!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!