January 14, 2009

Back to where it all began...

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday! Here is my card for today's Sketch Challenge on SCS, SC211!!

I have received my new SU! Catty and am SOOOOOOOOOO super excited about it!!! I thought I would pull out the 2nd SU! set I ever bought (the first was Cool Cat...and I still have it!!) Heartfelt Thanks and use it for this sketch! I still LOVE this set!!

I stamped the flowers from Heartfelt Thanks in Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss for the stems. I then stamped the outline stamp in Chocolate Chip!! I added some Dazzling Diamonds with my Two Way Glue Pen for some shimmer!!

The DSP is Bella Rose, and for my two corner embellishments, I chose to use two different things. For the top one, I used a Flower Fusion Felt Flower in Old Olive (but I think it's pretty close to Kiwi Kiss!), I stamped one of the tiny flowers from Always in Chocolate Chip onto Whisper White and punched it out with a 1/2 Inch Circle Punch. I then layered it onto a 3/4 Circle Punch of Pink Pirouette, and added it to the Flower Fusion Flower with a Styled Silver Brad. For the bottom one, I stamped the Always sentiment from Always onto Bella Rose DSP and then layered it on 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 Circle Punches. I, of course, added some piercing (I really just cannot help myself!!) and two ribbon knots of Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon on the corners!!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!! I can't wait to place my SU! Order!! Woo Hoo!!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks and Always
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White & Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss & Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool & Template, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Two Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Flower Fusion Felt Flower, 1 1/4, 1 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 Inch Circle Punches and Dimensionals
Jodi

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Jodi!!! I just can't make this set look good, so there it sits....lonely on the shelf. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi....stop it! I just made a card for this sketch and yours is WAY better!!! LOL Can you put your card on my blog!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Jodi! I love what you did with the sketch, and I love that Bella Rose paper. So pretty!

    ...and I'm so flippin' jealous that you're all getting your catalogs. Mine still hasn't showed up...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does SOON! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jodi! So cute! Heartfelt thanks was my FIRST stamping set EVER I bought, that with Frosty off of Ebay! We have such similar tastes, I am not surprised! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi, this is so very pretty. Love what you did with the choc chip on the flowers. Adds SUCH a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the ribbons in the corners. Such pretty colors!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Joni! Love how you gave this oldie but goodie new life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! Heartfelt Thanks is still one of my favorite sets too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!