August 10, 2009

A Berry Folded Thank You!!

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! It has been AGES since I have been able to participate in the Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS, and I was SO excited to be able to play today and create one of these SUPER fun Tri-Fold Pocket Cards ala Lynn, TLC233!! I followed Lynn's SUPER easy directions here and was able to make this fairly quickly!

For my Tri-Fold Pocket Card, I used ALL Taylored Expressions products & supplies!!! ALL the cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon and those DARLING strawberry Braddies are from the Berries & Cherries Key Ingredients!! Once again, Taylor has created a DELISH Key Ingredients chock full of everything you need to create delightful cards & projects!! I'd like to think that this project came out quite delightful as well ;)

I started by stamping the circle from Berries & Cherries in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White Cardstock (this cardstock is the neutral in the Berries & Cherries Key Ingredients!!), and I then stamped the strawberry, not inking up the full *chocolate drip*) in the center of the circle. I stamped the strawberry once more, colored it with Copic Markers (now available in the Taylored Expressions Store...WOOT!), cut it out and popped it up on Foam Tape!! I added Glossy Accents to the *chocolate* portion of the image to make it super shiny!! Underneath my strawberry I stamped the swirl from the Berries & Cherries set in Pretty In Pink so I didn't have TOO much white space (that's how I roll...LOL!)

I framed this circle image using Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities and had my focal image ready to go!! I stamped my sentiment, "thank you berry much" onto Choice Snow White Cardstock again, but this time I inked up the words with Copic Markers, huffed, stamped and then punched it out with my Word Window Punch!!



For the inside pockets, I left them plain Choice Snow White Cardstock, as I am not sure what I want to use this for yet, but wouldn't it be perfect to house gift cards? It seems the perfect size to me!! I did add "pull ribbons" to my tags using this delish ribbon from the Berries & Cherries Key Ingredients, and added a strawberry Braddie beneath each ribbon!! SO fun!!

My outside ribbon is adhered onto the top panel of my Tri-Fold Pocket Card, and then covered with my focal strawberry image. I popped up the entire circle focal image with Foam Tape, but it is only adhered to the top panel, that way, you can open the card!!!

The Berries & Cherries Key Ingredients, Berries & Cherries Stamp Set, Copic Markers & Foam Tape are all available right now at Taylored Expressions!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Berries & Cherries by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Suede Brown Dark, Rose Medium, Intense Kiwi, Choice Snow White & Doodlebug Patterned Paper, all from the Berries & Cherries Key Ingredients at Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Pretty In Pink
Accessories: Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Glossy Accents, Foam Tape, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Ribbon and Braddies from the Berries & Cherries Key Ingredients and Copic Markers

Jodi

10 comments:

  1. Super cute Jodi! I love the strawberry dipped in chocolate. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've used this stamp set with the accessories! I just got it and can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi this is SO CUTE!! LOVE it, the colors, image, design, everything rocks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the DP, the colors, and makes me want some chocolate-dipped strawberries...LOL. That ribbon really makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an award for you Jodi!

    http://chercroppin.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-first-inspiring-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl, this is so yummy looking!!! GREAT card! I want to try that technique later today!! Maybe I should CASE you ;) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi this is a wonderful project. Everything ties in beautifully.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic project, love it! The strawberry "dipped" is just darling...wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!