August 11, 2009

Stamping Can Be Hazardous To Your Health!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!! Here is my card for today's Color Challenge on SCS, CC231, Don't Fade Away, which was to use any color combo you want, but to stamp with bleach!! This is also for Mercy's ROCKIN' Sketch Challenge, MTSC34!

Now, my focal image, which is these AWESOME silhouette flowers from the Act of Kindness set from There She Goes, were NOT stamped with bleach. I tried to...numerous times, on numerous different colors of cardstock, and pretty much just managed to get VERY lightheaded...with no good stamping result!

SO, I stamped these flowers in Whisper White Craft Ink onto Rich Razzleberry cardstock and added TONS of piercing. Each layer in pierced in fact, as well as sponged with more delish Rich Razzleberry.

My back panel of Rich Razzleberry was run through the Cuttlebug with the Stylized Flowers Embossing Folder and I then ran a paper towel with bleach on it over the raised image. It changed the color JUST a bit, but it's super pretty in real life!!

The patterned paper is Rich Razzleberry and I stamped my sentiment, "Gratitude Is the Memory Of The Heart" directly onto the dsp with Rich Razzleberry ink.

My focal panel has White Brads from American Crafts in each of the four corners, and I finished off my card with Whisper White Organza Ribbon and Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon! LOVE it!!

There She Goes is going to have an AWESOME (as usual!!) release at the end of this month! I KNOW I am teasing, but peeks will start on August 26, and you DO NOT want to miss them! They are UBER fabu!!!

I also want to give a shout out to Tina and Scrapbook News & Review, who awarded me with the ROCKIN' Blog Award over on my side bar! Thanks SO much! I am HONORED!!! MWAH!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Act of Kindess from There She Goes
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, GP White & Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: White Brads by American Crafts, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Paper Piercing Tool and Template, Cuttlebug, Stylized Flowers Embossing Folder, Bleach, Paper Towels and Foam Tape

Jodi

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jodi, this is beautiful. Love the colors you chose for the challenge. Your bow treatment is so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card! Great idea using the bleach and paper towel!!!
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Jods! Miss you girlie-just trying to get settled in here! Thanks for playing along w/ Mercy's ROCKIN sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jodi...i am so glad you got a chance to play along!!! this is stunning...love the monochromatic razzleberry card! great dp, sponging, piercing, and ribbons...amazing job!

    thanks so much for playing along with this week's sketch, and i hope you'll join us again next week...you'll definitely ROCK IT OUT! ;)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you recovered from your bleach inhalation....lol!! SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Jodi!! LOVE the monochromatic colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 8 years and Liliya is 2 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. Can I ask if you have some old stamps, can you send a little for our club?
    Nika
    --
    You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
    and our family ministry blog
    http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!