September 30, 2009

Spooky Sketchy Cracked Glass!!

Hi everyone!! Happy Wednesday!!

Here is my card for today's Sketch Challenge on SCS, SC248, and for this week's There She Goes Challenge, TSG22, Spooky Cracked Glass!

For my card, I went with a color combination of Black/White/Pumpkin Pie. I started with two rectangles of Choice Snow White Cardstock and I stamped the witch and bats one one panel, and the sentiment, "Have A Spooktacular Halloween" and some bats on the other. All of these stamps are from the newly released Spooktacular Silhouettes from There She Goes! This set is SO much fun to use!!

After I had my two panels stamped, I inked up my brayer (that's how I roll these days!) with my Desert Heat Kaleidacolor Ink Pad and rolled on the color. I then, using Versamark, gave each panel three coats of Utee (Ultra Think Embossing Enamel), popped them in the freezer for about 10 minutes, and once they were nice and chilly, cracked them! I added just a touch of Basic Black ink into the cracks. SUCH a fun technique and I LOVE how it turned out with these stamps!!

My Pumpkin Pie panel was run through the Cuttlebug with the Spiderweb Embossing Folder and then sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink to bring out the pattern. My Black center panel was punched with the Bat Border Punch from EK Success, matted on White and then also run through the Cuttlebug with the Spiderweb Embossing Folder.

I finished my card with one little lonely row of piercing, a double ribbon of Whisper White Organdy and Pumpkin Twill, as well as two White Brads by American Crafts.

You can play along with this There She Goes Challenge as well! You can even win! Yep...one winner will receive a $5.00 Gift Certificate to the There She Goes Store! Cool right! You can check it out on the There She Goes Blog, which today features a super fun project from Holly!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Don't forget about my BLOG CANDY HERE!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Spooktacular Silhouettes by There She Goes
Paper: Basic Black, Choice Snow White & Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie & Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Spiderweb Embossing Folder, Bat Border Punch by EK Success, Whisper White Organdy Ribbon, Pumpkin Twill Ribbon, UTEE, Sponges, White Brads by American Brads and Foam Tape

Jodi

11 comments:

  1. What a darling Halloween card, Jodi and great way to combine the challenges!!! I love all the Halloween details and the cracked glass looks AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing card!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cracked glass panels look absolutely FABULOUS...what a wonder-FULL creation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cracked glass tech. you used! Cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SPOOKTACULAR girlie!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great techniques here Jodi, that cracked-glass look is AWESOME, and I'm lovin' that spiderweb embossing too! Good job hun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Jodi this looks AWESOME!!! Your cracked glass technique looks fantastic....what a terrific halloween card girl, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic!!! The sketch looks great and I love the cracked glass. I am totally loving your brayering, it looks so cool! Love the stamp set, can't wait to get mine! Can't beleive I never knew about the web embossing folder, it looks awesome with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is FABULOUS! I'm loving everything about this card Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, it is NOT just wicked good...it is cracked wicked good!!! Amazing and so fabulously done!!! Awesome card, Jodi!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!