October 1, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Begin!!!

Hi everyone!! Happy Thursday! I could NOT possibly be more excited!! Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks have begun and this release is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!! Well, OK...they ALL are...but I am in LOVE with all of the releases this month!!

Today the Baker's Dozen are previewing a simply GORGEOUS new set from the Lasting Impressions collection from Taylored Expressions, Christmas Blessings!

This is set is simply elegant! It is SO perfect for Christmas, as the images and sentiments really encompass what the season is all about!!

I have two samples for you today using this set! BOTH of my samples use GORGEOUS paper from Christmas Mint by SEI, and you will be able to purchase this paper at Taylored Expressions!!

For my first card, I stamped this beautiful scene in Memento Rich Cocoa directly onto some of this gorgeous paper from SEI. I then stamped it AGAIN in Memento Rich Cocoa onto Classic Yellow Green (Prism) and then cut it out and layered it.

The sentiment, "Simply Jesus", was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa, again onto the SEI paper, and punched out with a Wide Oval Punch. ALL of the layers were softly sponged with Close to Cocoa ink to warm it up. I added KaiserCraft Clear Crystals in each corner and on the sentiment panel as well. I stamped the star, which is also from this set, in Memento Rich Cocoa, cut it out and attached it to my sentiment oval as well. I added just a touch of piercing on this and finished it off with a double ribbon of Chocolate Twill and Vanilla Organdy.

For my second card, I went with a delicious color combination of Classic Red, Suede Dark Brown and Choice Buttercream...LOVE these colors together!

I stamped this beautiful dove in Versamark onto the Classic Red Cardstock and then embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder. The sentiment, "Peace On Earth", was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa onto another piece of the Christmas Mint paper from SEI. The GORGEOUS background paper is also from this Christmas Mint collection! These papers are pure elegance!!

I added Taylor's Tiny Twinkles to both my focal panel and my sentiment panel, and I finished this card off, again with just a touch of piercing, and a double ribbon of Chocolate Twill and Vanilla Organdy.

If you want to make elegant and meaningful Christmas Cards this year, than look no further! This set was made for you!! You can see the other beautiful creations with this set from some of the Baker's Dozen right here!!

Charmaine Ikach

Denise Marzec

Donna Baker

Karen Giron

Karen Motz

Jackie Pedro

Jami Sibley

Laurie Schmidlin

Sankari Wegman

Sharon Harnist

and of course, Taylor VanBruggen!!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Sneak Peeks continue tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!

Simply Jesus Card Recipe:

Stamps: Christmas Blessings by Taylored Expressions

Paper: Classic Yellow Green, Suede Brown Dark, Choice Buttercream & Christmas Mint by SEI

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and Close to Cocoa

Accessories: Wide Oval Punch, KaiserCraft Clear Crystals, Paper Piercing Tool and Template, Chocolate Twill Ribbon, Vanilla Organdy Ribbon, Sponges and Foam Tape

Peace On Earth Card Recipe:

Stamps: Christmas Blessings by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Classic Red, Suede Brown Dark, Choice Buttercream & Christmas Mint by SEI

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and Versamark

Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 Circle Punches, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, Paper Piercing Tool and Template, Chocolate Twill Ribbon, Vanilla Organdy Ribbon and Foam Tape

Jodi

27 comments:

  1. These are both soooooo pretty, Jodi! I was waiting to read how you did that beautiful green frame on the first card and excited to read that you stamped brown ink onto the green paper...never would have done that myself and it turned out beautifully! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both wonderful, Jodi! I love the colors and the images are just super. You always do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, Jodi -- I love the green and brown color combo and the beautiful way you layered the focal image ... stunning! Love the red and chocolate layers on your Peace card & that embossed dove is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...Jodi you KNOW you are a stamping rock star, right?!!?! These are both just SO stunning!! The first one literally took my breath away! A*Mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GF, these are GORGEOUS!!! You always have the most beautifully layered designs. Love all the bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW These are both gorgeous, Jodi!! I absolutely LOVE both of these cards! You are a stampin maniac lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are soooooooo pretty, girl! You blow me away with everything you do, you know that? Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi - oh my oh my - GORGEOUS - both of them! I espeically love the way you worked the color combo on the first one and the way you cut and layered the main image - very very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both absolutely GORGEOUS!!! What beautiful new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! these are both breathtaking, Jodi! once again, some awesome layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Give me a G....Give me an O....Give me an R....Give me another G.....Give me an E.....Give me another O.....Give me a U......Give me and S......

    What's that spell????

    GORGEOUS!!!

    You rock, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the sneak-peek Jodi, again...you did a fantastic job on both...love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards! These new images are really nice... nice colors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodi, both cards look fantastic! I love all the bling on it. I love the sentiment on the first one.
    Your projects always ROCK!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you stamped the image on the designer paper...so pretty! Those colours on your first card are awesome girl!
    Your second card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both gorgeous Jodi. You really know how to use DP.. I am learning from you.I think that red and chocolate are going to be popular Christmas colors this year. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very, very nice!! I love the first one..that green dp is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Jodi!
    Both are beautiful! I love the colors you've used for the nativity card .. just perfect! The 'Peace' card is mahhhhhvelous!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Jodi! I love the 2 completely different looks you created with these papers and stamps - it's just so you! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning creations Jodi! Love the distressed look on the first and the twinkles finish the second beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!! SOOOO lovely and the colors and combos that you used are simply perfection!!! I LOVE the frame that you created and all of your layering. embossing is beyond amazing! you ROCK chicquita!!!
    Big Hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous, Jodi! LOVE that bling!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love how you stamped the image on the designer paper...so pretty! Those colours on your first card are awesome girl! Your second card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!