October 3, 2009

It's Release Day At Taylored Expressions!!

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday and Happy Release Day at Taylored Expressions! Today is the day you can order all the AWESOME new sets released at Taylored Expressions, as well as the Christmas Key Ingredients (which are BEYOND awesome!!).

Today, the Baker's Dozen have the pleasure of peeking a FABULOUS new set (can you see Cuppie!!) called Holiday Wonder! This set is simply AWESOME for Christmas...and beyond!!

As soon as I saw this set, I knew I wanted to create a Christmas keepsake frame and make a scene with all the images in this set!! I started by cutting 1 1/2 Inch Square of all the different patterns of Golly by Jolly paper from Cosmo Cricket, which is the patterned paper in the Christmas Key Ingredients (and my NEW favorite paper!!). I then adhered the squares to my frame (which is a simple wooden frame from a craft store) with Zip Dry Glue (such an awesome glue to use for projects like this...NO mess!) and I cut off the excess and sanded the edges. I painted the edges and back of my frame with some pink acrylic paint to match.

I added a chipboard snowflake (also from the Christmas Key Ingredients) that I colored with Copic Markers (snappy eh?) to the top left corner of my frame and added a button (from the Very Merry Christmas Bundle) on top of it. I threaded some fun pink ribbon (also from the Christmas Key Ingredients) through my button. LOVE the look of this!! On the opposite corner of my frame, I stamped the sentiment, "Enjoy The Magic Of Christmas" in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Island Mist Light Cardstock and cut it out with a label die from Sizzix. I sponged the edges with some Baja Breeze ink and added Taylor's Tiny Twinkles on the bottom. The windows and Christmas lights on the house all have Glossy Accents on them!

For my scene, I stamped all the images onto Choice Buttercream, and colored them all with Copic Markers. Some of the trees, Cuppie and the mailbox were stamped twice, colored with Copic Markers and popped up on Foam Tape for some dimension. I added some crystal glitter to the bottom of my scene for snow, and I stamped Santa and his reindeer in Memento Tuxedo Black in the sky! I also stamped this image onto Sunflowers Medium Cardstock, punched it out with a 1 1/4 Circle Punch and just lined it up with my image. I also stamped the snowflakes with Versamark onto my Island Mist Light sky!

I am SUPER happy with how this turned out, and Meredith already told me that this was hers! LOL!!

Now, of COURSE I had to make a card to go with the frame right? Of course I did!!

For my card, which is a Sketch Challenge from SCS, SC237, I masked and stamped the tree from Holiday Wonder five times onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. I also stamped the snowman over the trees, stamped it again, colored him with Copic Markers and then cut him out and adhered him over the trees.

I gave the snowman a coat of Moonlight Smooch and he is super shimmery in real life!!

Again, I used my sewing machine on this card (I think I may need an intervention!), and I used all cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon and the chipboard snowflake from the Christmas Key Ingredients! The button is from the Very Merry Christmas Bundle, ALL of which are available TODAY at Taylored Expressions! Yeah!!

You can see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen have done with this FABULOUS set right here!!

Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Donna Baker
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Jackie Pedro
Laura Fredrickson
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
Sharon Harnist

and of course, Taylor VanBruggen!!!

Taylored Expressions is celebrating World Card Making Day!!

The Taylored Expressions WCMD Challenge - Create at least one card today featuring TE stamps and mail it out to someone - not for any particular occasion, but just to make them smile! Post a photo of your creation on your blog or to an online gallery and come back to this post on the Stamp A Sweet Impression Blog and leave a comment that includes a link to your card. Your comment (only one per person please) will enter you into a drawing for any one Taylored Expressions Stamp Set of your choice! How cool is that?! You have until Sunday night October 4th at 11 pm PST to enter. The winner will be announced sometime Monday right here on the SASI Blog.

Also, from today, October 3 through October 5, two AWESOME Christmas sets from Taylored Expressions will be on sale for 25% off!! Seasons Sweetings and Home Sweet Home...two of my favorite sets!! There are also ALOT of other deals to be had...you can check them out on the "What's The Deal" catagory HERE.

You can see some cards that I have created with these two sets here and here.

Lastly, ALL orders placed on Saturday, October 3, 2009 will receive a free card kit to make this card HERE. You just add the stamps and ribbon!! Seriously...Taylor can NOT possibly be more fabulous...am I right?

Thanks SO much for stopping by! You can head over to Taylored Expressions right now and load up on all the brand new FABULOUS stamp sets, Key Ingredients & Very Merry Bundle! WOO HOO!!

Don't forget about the Taylored Expressions Gallery! THE place to see samples made with every set from Taylored Expressions!!

The Magic Of Christmas Keepsake Frame Recipe:
Stamps: Holiday Wonder by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Island Mist Light, Sunflowers Medium, Choice Buttercream & Golly By Jolly by Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Labels Die from Sizzix, Chipboard Snowflake and Ribbon from Christmas Key Ingredients, Button from Very Merry Christmas Bundle, Crystal Glitter, Glossy Accents, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, Taylor's Tiny Twinkles, Copic Markers and Foam Tape

Merry Christmas Card Recipe:
Stamps: Holiday Wonder by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Island Mist Light, Classic Yellow Green, Choice Buttercream & Golly by Jolly from Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Chipboard Snowflake and Ribbon from Christmas Key Ingredients, Button from Very Merry Christmas Bundle, Copic Markers, MoonLight Smooch, Sewing Machine and Foam Tape

Jodi

29 comments:

  1. Your frame is awesome and I can see why Meredith claimed it!!! I think you need an intervention with the sewing....awesome job, Jods!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OME! This is fantastic. I love the frame and that sleigh going over the moon is about the CUTEST thing EVAH!!

    Oh and did you see my new Robward pic of the week. Seriously girl, ***hubba hubba***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the snowman in front of the trees - very cute. And that frame - oh.my.heavens.wow. That is over-the-top-beyond-CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That frame is just wonderful as is the card! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that frame is sooooo amazing, Jodi! I love it!!

    And how clever to put the snowman in front of the gathering of trees....pure awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweetness galore! I love the quilt look of your frame & the layout on your snowman card rocks just like you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome frame, Jodi -- I love all the squares of paper, they are so festive! Great scene you created -- colored perfectly! Awesome masking and coloring on your card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous frame Jodi!! Great dp and Love your wintry scene!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both projects are AWESOME!!!! They totally Rock the Boat! I love the frame with all of the fun holiday colors and it doesn't over power the image at all. The card is fantastic and that image arrangement is just super cute, too!
    Barbg(WV)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jodi - I just love visiting your blog every day practically! Love the frame - sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! That frame is incredible!!! The card is so super cute too! Awesome projects, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loooove the frame! What a great idea, and so beautifully done. Love the card with MORE of that AWESOME stitching! You're making me jealous, you know? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so clever! I love the forest with the snowman and that frame! It is super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The frame is adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jodi you rock the holiday mojo with these beautiful cards!!! Simply fantastic and that frame is AWESOME and the details o your cards are SO amazing!!! You ROCK the house Jodi!
    big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGoodness, these are both fantastic!! I am so in love with the framed scene!! WOW! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jodi, your framed scene just makes me happy with all that pink! Beautiful way to bring so many of the elements togehter! Love the way you lined up the trees and snowman...awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my word, Jodi....your frame and cards are FABULOUS!!!! Such beautiful coloring and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the new stamps!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great stamps, your creations are awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  20. That frame is fabulous Jodi...I am going to have to get some of that Zip Dry glue and try it out! The frame would make an awesome gift for that hard-to-buy-for person...I've got several in mind, LOL!

    The card is amazing, you are so talented girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jodi,
    your frame looks fantastic! I love the card as well.

    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jodi, OMG. I just LOVE that frame. And the stitching on your card, Wowzers. Both are just beautiful!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jodi!! WOWZER!! These are such adorable projects!! LOVE the fun scenery you've created with the adorable cuppies!! :) TSF! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are fabulous! Great frame... love the fun colors and papers... that snowman is sooo cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH MY GOODNESS Jodi, that frame is just incredible! LOVE it. . and that card. . .just gorgeous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE these Jodi! The frame is soooooo adorable and I love how you masked the snowman on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Holy smokers...these are great! Love the frame and it looked so beautiful in person, you are so creative. The card is a Jodi special...so you!! Great coloring and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  28. 2 more wonderful projects!! The frame is just gorgeous - the colors are so fun!! Wonderful job Jodi!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!