February 3, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks Begin!!

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday!! Today is the 1st day of Sneak Peeks of the newest Taylored Expressions release!! I can't wait for you all to see what Taylor has in store this month!!

Taylored Expressions continues to grow and get better and better! We are so excited about the addition of our newest line of rubber stamps - Apple Doodle Ink. We think you'll love the fun cartoon style of ADI.

We have two stamp sets to launch this line: Window Shopping and Bakery Business. You're going to have so much fun building scenes with Tena in her bakery and we promise you'll get a ton of use out of those windows with more coordinating Apple Doodle Ink sets coming in the near future!

For my first card, I used Window Shopping & Bakery Business...and these sets go PERFECTLY together!!! Isn't this cupcake toting Tena just darling?? I started by stamping the window and I then added all the elements, all in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White, and all the images are colored with Copic Markers.

The Bakery Window got a coat of Glossy Accents and it's super shiny in real life!!!


For my second project today, I only used images from Bakery Business! This set is tooo cute and it's perfect for recipe cards, gift cards...anything you can think of!

I started with a Kraft Apron Die Cut (how cute is this!!) which is part of the The Bakery Sampler, which will be available, along with all the new stamps, on Friday, February 5!

I stamped the pie image from Bakery Business (love this image!) in Close to Cocoa all over the Apron Die Cut. I then adhered a strip of patterned paper from Farm Fresh by October Afternoon and created a border with my Apron Lace Punch. Love the vintage-y feel of this!!!

I stamped Tena in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream Cardstock, colored her with Copic Markers and then cut her out. I popped her up on a piece of Choice Buttercream Cardstock that I cut out with Curved Rectangles Nestabilities. I finished this off with some delish printed twill and a pot holder chipboard shape, both of which are also included in the Bakery Sampler!!

I think I will add a recipe in the apron and give this to my mom with a batch of Penne ala Vodka...the one dish I have mastered (and it's also her absolute favorite!!).

Head on over to the rest of the Baker's Dozen Blogs to see what they have cooked up today!

Alex Maldonado
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Donna Baker
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Jackie Pedro
Laurie Schmidlin
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
and of course, Taylor VanBruggen!!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Make sure to head back tomorrow for some more Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks!!!

You're So Sweet Recipe:
Stamps: Window Shopping & Bakery Business by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Real Red, Cameo Coral & Choice Snow White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, Ribbons, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and Foam Tape

With Love From My Kitchen Apron Recipe:
Stamps: Bakery Business by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Apron Die Cut from Bakery Sampler, Choice Buttercream & Farm Fresh by October Afternoon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Ribbon and Chipboard Pot Holder from Bakery Sampler, Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities, Copic Markers, Sponges & Apron Lace Punch

Jodi

16 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Tena is lucky to have you...you showed her off in such amazing ways! :) Love that apron and your amazing glossy accented cards! I did that on one of my cards too and I had a hand cramp by the end of it from squeezing the stuff out of the bottle! lol. Totally worth it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi- your creations are amazing!! I LOVE that first one - and seeing it IRL was amazing - you seriously knocked my socks off with those glossy accents!!! LOVE the way you decorated the apron card with the pie stamp - what a great idea!!! I love it!!! Your apron card ROCKS!!! MISS you Jodi-JOd!!! You are such a huge ball of sunshine!!! Miss hearing you sing dearest BonJodi!!! Sending you BIG hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY love your card and your project...wow girl way to go showcasing these sweet new images!!!!! You rock sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK!!! Totally adorable!!! I loved this card at CHA - it's so amazing! And your little apron is darling with Tena popped up. LOVE THEM!! I keep thinking I need a do-over, bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tena is adorable but you ahve brought her to life in amazing ways! LOVE the sneak peeks from the DT so far-you guys are AWESOME. I am SOOOO bummed I didn't get to meet you girlie! We have to plan better next time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just AMAZING girl!!! Tena looks FANTABULOUS outside her bakery and the color combo is perfection!!! And how cute is that apron?! Absolutely stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING girlfriend!! They are both too cute...awesome colors, and I love the colors you used! Neat apron card...I might have to try that...these ROCK Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both really amazing Jodi! You have such a way with making a simple layout looks just fabulous. That first card is gorgeous and I can't even tell you how much I adore that apron! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Cannoli Jodi!!! You ROCKED these sets!!! Tena standing in front of her bakery window is GENIUS and that apron/recipe idea is totally FAB!!! I think you may have to whip up some Penne a la Vodka next time we're together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your coloring and shading, and your sewing rocks too, girlie. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jodi!!! You have some serious MAD skills my friend:):) Tena looks fantastic!! Your coloring,(the subtle grey around the elements, the glossiness, the pink and red are PERFECT!!! Love the texture you added.......
    And the apron card is too dang cute:):) Your mastered penne dish sounds good:):)
    I just love visting your blog:):) You always blow me away:):
    Hugs
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, lookie at that card! It's darling! I love the scene you created and those colours are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the scene you created in the first card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowee Zowee!! These are fab, Jodi! The first card is darling and I LOVE the Apron!! Cuteness galore!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo sweet - Jodi!!! You'v made her look fabo!!! Love the little apron too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are awesome, Jodi! I just LOVE that gingham on the apron! AGain, your coloring just makes me sigh! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving me some ♥!